cardfile

Mike

I have used Cardfile for many years. I have a lot of information stored in the .CRD file. Since my upgrade to XP, I can longer get the cardfile.exe file to work. All .CRD files are linked to the cardfile.exe but the program will not work. Does anyone have a fix or workaround for cardfile?

Mike

Kelly

Hi Mike,

Do some reading here:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=cardfile.exe+Windows+XP
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=cardfile.exe+Windows+XP+Support&btnG=Search
--
Happy New Year,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

I have used Cardfile for many years. I have a lot of information stored in
the .CRD file. Since my upgrade to XP, I can longer get the cardfile.exe
file to work. All .CRD files are linked to the cardfile.exe but the program
will not work. Does anyone have a fix or workaround for cardfile?

Mike

Kelly

LTNS! :blush:)

--
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
A fix for what?

http://www.uscricket.com
I have used Cardfile for many years. I have a lot of information stored in
the .CRD file. Since my upgrade to XP, I can longer get the cardfile.exe
file to work. All .CRD files are linked to the cardfile.exe but the program
will not work. Does anyone have a fix or workaround for cardfile?

Mike

Vagabond Software

I have used Cardfile for many years. I have a lot of information stored in the .CRD file. Since my upgrade to XP, I can longer get the cardfile.exe file to work. All .CRD files are linked to the cardfile.exe but the program will not work. Does anyone have a fix or workaround for cardfile?

Mike

CardMate version 1.0 is a Freeware converter

http://www.omnivore.org/greg/freeware/cardmate.htm

You'll basically need to convert the cardfile into some other format, such as a delimited ascii text file, and import it into a new application.

carl

Tim Slattery

Mike said:
I have used Cardfile for many years. I have a lot of information stored in the .CRD file. Since my upgrade to XP, I can longer get the cardfile.exe file to work. All .CRD files are linked to the cardfile.exe but the program will not work. Does anyone have a fix or workaround for cardfile?

You can use AZZ Cardfile at www.azzcardfile.com. They offer a "fully
functional free trial", but the page doesn't seem to explain exactly
what that means. My guess is that it's nagware, but I can't verify
that.

Anyway, it's only $12 for a license.

Alex Nichol

Mike said:
I have used Cardfile for many years. I have a lot of information stored in the .CRD file. Since my upgrade to XP, I can longer get the cardfile.exe file to work. All .CRD files are linked to the cardfile.exe but the program will not work. Does anyone have a fix or workaround for cardfile?

Try All Programs - Accessories - Program Compatibility, browse to
Cardfile.exe and tell it to run as if in Win95. It is your best chance,
but I rather think cardfile may handle hardware for itself, which is
strictly forbidden in XP