256Mb DDR Geforce N6200 (8x)
int. 6ch Snd, 10/100, usb 2.0
16x +/- D.L. DVD Writer
56K Modem
Parts only: £409

£429
incvat.jpg

Phone them on
[/font]08707 705 151 ... ask 'em how much more for 1gig ram & replace the N6200 with a PCI-Ex 6600

NOTE: There is no monitor with that system, that is an extra, but you can get a monitor you like from whoever. :D

Oh, and how much is delivery to you ... :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
V_R said:
Sorry mucks. My turn now, That MB is AGP. :(

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1617

Sorry boss.... :)

Me gonna hide now....
Well I'll be damed, so it is ... :D

OK, no problem, I know these people have the A8N-E MB in stock so just ask for one of them instead. :thumb:

Revised list;
[font=TREBUCHET MS,ARIAL,HELVETICA] MIDI ATX (400W) Case
ASUS A8N-E
Athlon 64 939 3500+ CPU
1024Mb DDR400
200Gb 7200 8Mb HDD
3.5" Floppy Drive
PCI-Ex 6600 Graphics card
int. 6ch Snd, 10/100, usb 2.0
16x +/- D.L. DVD Writer
56K Modem
Wireless Mouse & Keyboard

:thumb:
[/font]

muckshifter

Reaction score
OK, been on the phone to them and that little lot comes to £500 on the nose ... delivery is £12 anywhere in the UK ... Total £512

I can set it all up and test and running ... you just get the monitor. :thumb:

:D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thats a bargain. :thumb:

Mucks does it again! :D

Reaction score
Who are these people and do they have a website and what would payment options be?

muckshifter

Reaction score
DaveP said:
Who are these people and do they have a website and what would payment options be?
They do have a website ... it is the crappiest site I have ever encountered ... they are, I belive going to "fix" it, someday. :rolleyes:

So, give them a phone call ... 08707 705 151 ... 3B Systems is the name, they do not know me as muckshifter but you can drop my name "Neil, Ian's brother" if it makes you feel any better, Ian does work for them ... Not the Ian here but my brother Ian. :D

I did forget to ask, as I do, if the Operating System (XPHome) is included or not. Sorry, but I gave up building PCs, unless you live on my doorstep. ;)

They take all major credit/debit cards ... use a CC if you can.

Warrantee is 12months "Return to Base" ...

'tis upto you, I ain't twisting your arm and I do not work for them ... but I do get my stuff off them these days ... I trust them. :thumb:

Reaction score
So is that for just the parts or do they build it,where are they based? and is delivery through the usual type of delivery company most firms use.

Also can i take alook at there website.

muckshifter

Reaction score
DaveP said:
So is that for just the parts or do they build it,where are they based? and is delivery through the usual type of delivery company most firms use.

Also can i take alook at there website.
Yes, they build it for you ... or you can just have the "bits" and build it yourself. :D

http://www.3bsystems.co.uk/

There you go. ;)

Reaction score
Dont laugh, But

Don't laugh, but i helped one of my Mum's friends buy through PC World recently. I was really surprised on how the service has changed!

They are now polite, happy to demonstrate the machines abilities and even let us test some software on the PC that we wanted to look at in more detail. A pleasant experience & they got the sale, but more importantly when their was a problem a few days later it was sorted out with the minimum of fuss.

(The only downside is their HP payements used to be very high, this may have changed and they may nowadays offer interest free payements if you pay the sum off before or on the agreed date.)

Last edited:

muckshifter

Reaction score
feckit said:
Don't laugh, but i helped one of my Mum's friends buy through PC World recently. I was really surprised on how the service has changed!

They are now polite, happy to demonstrate the machines abilities and even let us test some software on the PC that we wanted to look at in more detail. A pleasant experience & they got the sale, but more importantly when their was a problem a few days later it was sorted out with the minimum of fuss.
I always forget about that "store" and yes, I used to go and have a laugh err, I mean look.

Them security guys ain't 'arf a funny lot, appear out of nowhere when you pull out a screwdriver and ask to have a "look" inside ... :D

Do they still sell ComCraps, Hewlett Crapards and the like? :)

Reaction score
Yes Muckshifter, they still sell the same, er high quality goods!:D

But my view was changed after going to them, OK i would not buy from them, i would build my own. But if you are new to PC's and want a system under £600, to get you started then you could look at them? It's all to do with what you can afford or what you want out of your PC.

Reaction score
Forgot to say, i asked the Security Guard if i could look at the back of the PC for ports etc, without setting the alarm off on the pc, He said no, but did get a salesperson to us in under 90 seconds of me asking to look at the back of the pc, all this on a busy Saturday afternoon just before Christmas!:D

Reaction score
They have the components listed on that website.I think i'll probably buy from them,i just need to finalise afew things.

For the motherboards they have :

SK-01714ASUS A8N-E - Ath 64 - Skt 939 PCI-X59.57 (70.00) 5-7 daysSK-

01515ASUS A8N-SLI Ath 64-Skt 939 2xPCI-X78.30 (92.00) 5-7 days SK-

01497ASUS A8N-SLI Dlx Ath 64-Skt 939 2xPCI-X93.62 (110.00) 5-7 days SK-

01557ASUS A8N32-SLI Dlx Ath64-Skt939 2xPCI-X122.55 (144.00) 5-7 days

You said the A8N-E ,is that still the best option to buy from that list?

muckshifter

Reaction score
You said the A8N-E ,is that still the best option to buy from that list?
For what you need, yes ... and you can exchange the CPU in future, if needed, to a Dual-Core ... it is more than adequate for your needs.

I have one. ;)

Reaction score
My motherboard is the Asus A8N E.

It runs well, can be upgraded, performs well & does the job.:D

V22

Reaction score
Asus do make good motherboards and the A8N-E seems to be the one that is going in to a lot of current pc's.

Reaction score
Muckshifter,

I sent them an email last night with those specs. and added Windows XPhome onthe end of the list,they got back to me this morning and said

Total Price for the ready assembled PC with all Drivers and Software
installed and including delivery is £585 inc. vat

What do you think?

muckshifter

Reaction score
DaveP said:
Muckshifter,

I sent them an email last night with those specs. and added Windows XPhome onthe end of the list,they got back to me this morning and said

Total Price for the ready assembled PC with all Drivers and Software
installed and including delivery is £585 inc. vat

What do you think?
I know the "kit" and the people, you will get a good system that should last a good few years ... the price is fair for the system.

:thumb:

Ask a Question