    existing messages on the BellSouth.net website that's waiting to drop to my
    Outlook account to drop to my Windows Mail instead? My email address is the
    same .

    panation, Dec 23, 2008

  2. Email does not "drop" to a specific email program.
    Email is a universal protocol. A POP mail account can be
    accessed from any email program.

    All you need to do is copy your settings in Outlook to the equivalent
    setting in a Windows Mail account. Or you can follow the directions
    from your provider:
    http://support.att.net/bellsouth/as...sprt_cid=24dbf61a-2ce9-4192-a589-121587e364c2

    Also, if your copy of Outlook is version 2003 or later, you can install
    it on your Vista computer.

    --
    Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

    Gary VanderMolen, Dec 23, 2008

  3. how do i set up an email

    Rayford Hudson IV, Dec 24, 2008
  4. That depends on who your mail provider is.
    You posted in a Bellsouth thread, yet it appears you have a Yahoo
    email account.
    US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, no POP
    access. Windows Mail handles POP mail but not webmail.

    Yahoo's solution is to pay Yahoo to get their premium "Mail Plus" service:
    http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/overview/index.html
    and use the special settings for that service:
    http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html

    If you are OK with using a non-Yahoo email address, you have three other
    solutions:
    * Use the email address assigned to you by your ISP.
    * Get a free Gmail account.
    * Get a free Hotmail/Live account, and use it with the Windows Live Mail email program.

    Gary VanderMolen, Dec 24, 2008