Astroll in the park through images

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Yesterday managed to spend over three hours and was able to capture some images in and around Oyster Creek Park and Trail which also has a sculpture display.

All day it was overcast but at the very moment I started it it begin to drizzle and it went on intermittently until I finished. I was adamant to get the shoot done so here are some pictures that I thought were decent enough to post.

P1000286.JPG

P1000288.JPG

P1000295.JPG

Reaction score
:D Great photo's Quad, I see spring is coming in Texas as I see leaves on some of the trees. Also I didn't know that you had mizzle over there as well I was under the impression it was only the UK that had the dam stuff:thumb::lol:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Super photos Quad, that sky provided a very stormy and threatening backdrop in some of them.

For a moment, I wondered if you'd managed to capture a UFO in pic #4 (on the horizon, near the base of the far-right pylon.) That bright shape looked very intriguing... then moving on to the next photo, there were more.... and it finally dawned that they were bright street lights (or maybe floodlights?) So no invasion from Mars then. :blush:

It was a pleasant surprise to see so much greenery after the drought conditions you've suffered over there. Also to see the blossoming shrubs... could those pink flowers be Chamellias?

Thank you for sharing Quad, most enjoyable. :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Excellent photos despite the weather! In fact I really like the first one looking down that track with the pylons in the background - it looks really atmospheric.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
:D Great photo's Quad, I see spring is coming in Texas as I see leaves on some of the trees. Also I didn't know that you had mizzle over there as well I was under the impression it was only the UK that had the dam stuff:thumb::lol:

Texas weather is really funny, it is almost mid March and just now at midnight it is still raining and the temp has dropped to 51 F! :cry:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Super photos Quad, that sky provided a very stormy and threatening backdrop in some of them.

For a moment, I wondered if you'd managed to capture a UFO in pic #4 (on the horizon, near the base of the far-right pylon.) That bright shape looked very intriguing... then moving on to the next photo, there were more.... and it finally dawned that they were bright street lights (or maybe floodlights?) So no invasion from Mars then. :blush:

It was a pleasant surprise to see so much greenery after the drought conditions you've suffered over there. Also to see the blossoming shrubs... could those pink flowers be Chamellias?

Thank you for sharing Quad, most enjoyable. :D

Well the reason I continued to shoot was the fact that I could see dramatic light in the sky with all those clouds hoovering above but the conditions kept changing after every few minutes and at times it was not possible for me to expose the camera to the rain so I tried to shoot whenever it was possible.

As for aliens I did not see any but next time I go there I will be on the lookout for them ;)

Yes it is so green nowadays that at times it is hurting my eyes so to speak :lol:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Excellent photos despite the weather! In fact I really like the first one looking down that track with the pylons in the background - it looks really atmospheric.

Thanks Becky, I plan on going for a shoot again in the next week when the weather is bright and shiny and will post more images. Meanwhile you can check out my other post on Window Shopping (shooting) where I have posted pictures which are very different from this lot. :)

Ask a Question