A bad bad day and a half

Reaction score
The one indoors, she who must be obeyed said to me yesterday "my PC keeps freezing", I said that is no problem I will do a reinstall from the system image, piece of cake:thumb:. Wrong about an hour after I had done the reinstall she said to me " It has frozen again" :blush:
Oh bugger whatever was making it freeze was on the system image as well, so I now did a full format on the external drive which had the image on it, Cor don't it take a time on those 2 1/2 ins drive at least 3 hours for a 500gig drive. Anyway then to do a fresh install of her Windows 7 and then bed:sleep:

This Morning after taking dogs out for their first walk it was back to the grindstone and install all her software and MSE and that took some time as she was not sure where all the discs were. Then were all the updates, and downloading the system image onto the external drive again, in between all this take doggies out for a further two walks in the drizzle and now I am cream crackered, but surprise suprise all is looking good no freezing for the last couple of hours so must be ok:thumb::dance:and everything works. My poor lady is not able to take doggies out as she has slipped in the mud bent her foot back and sat on it tearing ligaments in her ankle so at the moment it is very painful and she is only able to hobble a bit, the doctor said "it would have better for you if you had broken your ankle." :cry: But bless her she is getting better but still off work and has been signed off for 4 weeks as she would be on her feet all day as she is a cook in a mental health respite center.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about your wife's nasty injury, her ankle sounds terribly painful, so I think she is probably in need of a group hug.
grouphugg.gif
There, that will help. :D

Also hope the computer problems are all fixed now. You had a very busy day by the sound of it. :nod:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Eek, ankle injuries can be nasty. I hope she has a quick recovery!

Reaction score
Hope Mrs Bootneck get's better soon, sounds painful.

Er, Bootneck your an Ex-Royal cant you eat out of boil-in-a-bag with a hexi cooker?:p
Mrs Bootneck may not be to happy, but no washing up afterwards!!!:lol:

Oh and glad pc is ok too!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
She may have a dodgy ankle but she also have a nice geezer to sort out PC, albeit the long-winded way (see Mucks' comment ;) ).

Get well soon Mrs Bootneck :)

Reaction score
:DThanks you all for the sympathy from her indoors:bow:. No hardware probs Mr Mucks as running as sweet as a nut now and thanks for the advice about repair install, if it happens again I will try that. BUT if I am doing a re install it keeps me out of the way whilst I am doing it and as it is her PC she wont interrupt:lol:if you get what I mean:nod:

Ask a Question