Two years ago yesterday....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I set out for Glastonbury '07 with a mate.

The first day was good.

The rest were a torrential downpour the likes of which would make the Monsoon seem like a light drizzle.

I didn't realise it at the time but I was suffering from PTSD following my treatment, without even realising it.

I didn't realise either that my illness had probably weakned me and I found myself going to bed between 1 & 2 :(

One night I woke up shivering, it was cold, and all I could hear was Tilbrook laughing that maniacal laugh of his and everybody drinking (and other stuff) all night long. That was me once.

Well, I struggled on through, wading through the mud, some bits were good but truly I didn't, on the whole, enjoy it.

And this from somebody whose idea of a decent afterlife is Glastonbury and Thorpe Park in equal measures 24/7.

And yesterday, on the BBC's online 'pic of the day' it had folk arriving at Glastonbury.

I am so sad, I want to go :(

And the weather looks likes it's going to be ok this year.

I've been going on and off since 1980 and I've had about 50/50 rain/sunshine.

Age, cynicism, illness, inevitability?

I don't know, all I know is I wanna be there.

Looks like this weekend I may just make use of the PC TV Card.

I guess the real problem is I'm having problems dealing with the realities of illness (now gone) and getting old.

Oh well, c'est la vie :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You got through your illness mate :thumb:

So what if you didn't get to GLAS this year, money has been a bit tight hasn't it. There is always next year. Start a GLAS war chest now and you'll have the loot for next year. An yer never too old if you keep your mind lively and keep in the back of it that some things just have to be done a tad differently now.
Slippery_sid in purple boots ain't what I would call ready for the wooden box just yet.

happywave.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
What a maudlin soul I am at times.

Abarb: Thank you for the reply :)

The rest of you: Thank you for keeping quiet :D

Feel free to tell me to shut up, I get like this sometimes, sorry to lay it on you fellas ;)

Look, I is full o the joys o spring, 'k? :D

I think I actually fell asleep shortly after posting that, woke up 1am, went to bed and rose at 6am today.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
The rest of you: Thank you for keeping quiet :D

Sometimes keeping quiet and sitting back and letting the other person say what they have to say is the best thing to do. If I had answered yesterday I would have probably ended up saying something stupid and putting both feet in.

Reaction score
Weather due over next 24 hours is possibility of heavy rain.
Very heavy rain & thunder and lightning in Somerset last night.
So missing it this year may not be so bad after all.

As for having a rant well we all let of steam sometime.

Look after yourself Flopps.

Got anything nice to do this weekend to keep your mind active?

Ask a Question