Anyone Recommend Free Video Editing Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Hey all, Just got my GoPro Hero 2 Camera and am going to be recording some mountain biking. I want some relatively easy to use free video editing software. It will be used to cut out rubbish bits of the video, maybe add a sound track and maybe some text here and there. Never ever used any video editing software so I R NOOB!!!!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Can't go far wrong with Windows Movie maker, it's a good starting point, does all the basic functions and it's free if you're using a registered legal copy of Windows.

There's also some good free stuff and advice available At this site but the learning curve for most of the software linked to there is steep.

Or you could take a look at CNET, they may have something free to suit listed.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'm posting, mainly to help delete the obligatory spam that a genuine request like this is bound to attract. :)

I do have a, legitimate, suggestion though ... those people at Serif have a free offering, no idea if it's intuitive enough for a beginner.

I do add a caution, I have tried/used software from them in the past and they were a bit spamy as regards to their other software they may pawn at you. Nothing really new there.

oh, what operating system, and how much RAM do you have?

:user:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good point Mucks, it did cross my mind this thread could be a spam magnet, must keep mincers peeled ;)

Minimum requirements for editing in the program I use - Pinnacle Studio - are a 2Ghz single core CPU and 1Gb RAM though with video editing the more the merrier, quad core CPU in excess of 3Ghz and 8Gb memory with a 64 bit OS is good.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Cheers guys, ended up using windows movie maker. That free serif is a load of tosh, you need to buy a codec pack to use it, what a con. Luckily movie maker did the trick :)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I am trying to use screencast-o-matic, but the program does not let me get a video file in the free version. Neither the program nor the website. Apparently, everyone else gets it, so...
I would like to record my computer screen and add my own image to the movie speaking in real time.
Any suggestions?

Starting a new thread would be a better option :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question