Windows XP Video Editing Software

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm after some easy to use video editing software, but something more comprehensive than Windows Movie Maker - but not as complex as Ulead VideoStudio 8. I'm currently on day 1 of 30 in the Ulead VideoStudio 8 trial, and I find it rather slow and confusing!

Is there anything out there? :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'd been using a combination of Pinnacle Studio 8 and Nero, it worked OK. But Pinnacle wasn't that reliable, if I tried to do some complex work with it, it got 'confused'.

So I've just bought Ulead Video Studio 8. Now, whilst this program seems more solid and reliable than Pinnacle I agree that it is actually quite confusing to learn, I'm still coming to terms with it. I just captured 5 epsisodes of 'Father Ted' from VCR and editing out the ad breaks is actually quite complex, it seems to me.

In ease of use, Pinnacle is so much easier to use, I didn't ever even have to consult the manual, unlike with Ulead's program.

Still, I'm going to stick with the Ulead software, steeper learning curve but it's probably better.

Or I may just re-install Pinnacle again and use both. Perhaps Pinnacle Studio V9.0 is better?

Of course, there's always Adobe Premiere, but that too has a steep learning curve and it's expensive.

I don't know of any other editing programs, but if you head over to the doom9.org website they have a load of freebie video stuff, maybe something there could help you.

Reaction score
i use Pinnacle studio 8 all the time, it is very easy to use, and never gets confused for me!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Since I bought the DVD writer which was bundled with Roxio CD and DVD Creater 6 it works very well with me. I used it to edit and create DVD of a National Geographic Program recorded on my Digital 8 Sony Camcorder. Very easy to use and just about does everything I need. The result was also very good. I tried nero as well but the video editing and authoring bit with Roxio was much simpler and easier to manage. It amy not be a very powerful program but does the job well. I even tried the DVD on a projection in the Photography Club and most thought it was a good recording.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I shall give Pinnacle 8 a go, and see what its like - I'm sure there will be a trial somewhere.

I have Nero bundled with the PC, so I'll have to use that for burning, but it should be ok :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Its a 3D CAD video that I've made for a presentation I have to do, but I need to overlay text and fade things in and out (just to get some nice smooth transitions). I'll post it up once I've finished with it :)

Ideally I need a CAD model of a business jet for it though!

Reaction score
i use MAGIX movie editing, which is easy to use and is very clever, i used it for my media project which i just finished and got an A*

Reaction score
Ian, i don't think you will find a trial, because, it is an expensive program, and the file would be a couple of gigs.

KGB

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thermaltke said:
i use MAGIX movie editing, which is easy to use and is very clever, i used it for my media project which i just finished and got an A*
Downloading the trial now too and I'll give them all a try :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
Ian, i don't think you will find a trial, because, it is an expensive program, and the file would be a couple of gigs.

KGB
Yup, your right, can't find it :(

Will have to try VideoStudio again!

Reaction score
Pinnacle studio 8 is very beginner-friendly!

It is very easy to use, and with the new 'Hollywood FX' it can produce very amazing transactions!

Ask a Question