Administrator error when trying to save on D: disc drive

I can play movies and listen to music on my D;drive but when I try and save
photos or anything onto a disc it says that that path not allowed to contact
the administrator,could u please help me to change the settings so i can save
onto my discs again.it worked perfectly until i had to do a recovery disc and
put it back to factory settings.please please help me as i need to save for
my work,thanking u

mark it wont let me go past the properties cos its not a file its the actual
DVD-/CD-RW DRIVE(D) it plays dvds and discs but wont let me save from
computer onto a disc on this drive.that site was for files not actual dvd
drive please help me

Gordon

"administrator error in d drive" <administrator error in d
mark it wont let me go past the properties cos its not a file its the actual
DVD-/CD-RW DRIVE(D) it plays dvds and discs but wont let me save from
computer onto a disc on this drive.that site was for files not actual dvd
drive please help me

This might sound a very silly question, but you are trying to save files
onto a CDR or CDRW disk, aren't you?

yes i am trying to save onto the disc.it plays cds,dvds but as soon as u put
disc in to save like photos from the computer the error message comes up that
i dont have permission to save on this path to contact the administrator,lol
i am the administrator and i dont know how to send the permission to allow to
save from the path

Gordon

"administrator error in d drive"
yes i am trying to save onto the disc.

What I meant was, you are using a RECORDABLE cd in the CD RW drive, aren't
you? (It has been known for people to try to record onto a non-recordable CD
before now!)

yes i am putting in recordable cds,both our computers since we done recovery
has got the same problem.it would of said not recordable disc but it doesnt
it says dont have permission ask administrator

Ricky

One thing to check..right click the drive..properties..recording tab and
make sure 'Enable CD Recording on this Drive' is checked.

"administrator error in d drive"

there is only one thing to tick and thats for enable digital cd audio for the
cd-rom drive ,there is no recording tab what i can find under properties

please can u help me with this problem,its not the files i need to
administrate the d rom drive.i need to be able to save

Mark L. Ferguson

Right click the CD in My Computer, click Properties/Recording Tab. Check "Enable CD recording on this drive."

mark i went into the properties and theres only one thing to tick and thats
enable digital cd audio for cd rom drive and thats it,its already ticked

Patrick Keenan

Julie said:
mark i went into the properties and theres only one thing to tick and
thats
enable digital cd audio for cd rom drive and thats it,its already ticked

If you ran a recovery disk and now burning isn't avaiable, I wonder if that
is the original drive. Try going into Control Panel, System, Device
Manager, and right-clicking on the CD-Rom drive. Select "Uninstall", say
yes and then restart the system to permit re-detection.

You might want to take a quick note of how the drive is identified currently
and how it's re-detected.

Does that change the options available?

HTH
-pk

it says its running properly.it plays cds and plays dvds its just when i try
save onto the discs it wont let me,says not got permission,we uninstalled it
and redone it and it says the same.works properly but wont let us use the
path to save onto a disc it says to contact administrator

Mark L. Ferguson

You need to find an XP compatible driver for the CD or DVD 'burner' that enables that recording tab checkbox.

The device manager properties of the drive may have a Driver tab that allows a button for "UpDate Driver"
start/run, type: DEVMGMT.MSC

mark it says that it cannot find a better driver to press finish,its strange
how it is doing it with computer upstairs too because the disc drive was in
the machine when we bought it,what else do u suggest

Mark L. Ferguson

Locate and click the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider
On the Edit menu, click Permissions .
Click the registry key for the user that is currently logged on and ensure that Read and Full Control are both set to Allow .
Click the Advanced button, ensure that the user that is currently logged on is selected, that Full Control is listed in the
Permissions column, and that This Key and Subkeys is listed in the Apply to column.
Click to select the Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects check box.
Click Apply , and then click Yes when you receive a prompt to continue. Click OK , and then click OK again

how do u locate the registry key?where is the registry key,sorry for sounding
a bit stupid

Gordon

Julie said:
how do u locate the registry key?where is the registry key,sorry for sounding
a bit stupid

I would suggest if you are not familiar with editing the registry that you
leave it well alone, and get someone who is local to you and whom you trust
to come and do this.