Adding an item to "Send To" menu

rwrede

How do I add a choice to the "Send To" menu (right click>send to) I want to
add my Shared Documents folder...?

Shenan Stanley

rwrede said:
How do I add a choice to the "Send To" menu (right click>send to) I
want to add my Shared Documents folder...?

Start --> Run -->
Type in:

SendTo

Click OK and copy a shortcut to whatever you want to be able to "Send To" in
there.

If that doesn't work, go to "C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\SendTo"
(making the obvious changes) and copy a shortcut to whatever you want to be
able to "Send To" in there.

Search for it using windows search, advanced options, sendTo, then just add
what you want to the folder.

j;-)

rwrede

Thanks to you both!

Shenan Stanley said:
Start --> Run -->
Type in:

SendTo

Click OK and copy a shortcut to whatever you want to be able to "Send To"
in there.

If that doesn't work, go to "C:\Documents and
Settings\YOURUSERNAME\SendTo" (making the obvious changes) and copy a
shortcut to whatever you want to be able to "Send To" in there.

MAP

The last time I gave this advice I was yelled at by that well known "Aussie"
for not making the poster find it for themselves. :)
I geuss I broke one of Davids rules for using the newsgroup!

Mike Pawlak

Wesley Vogel

Paul Hogan? ;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In

David Candy

Type in Help

add sendto

or

add send to

or

add item sendto

The terms are in their subject line.

Have you heard of the work of Americian psycologist Seligman
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q="learned+helplessness"&meta=

Ethics require that help not be harmful.
MAP said:
The last time I gave this advice I was yelled at by that well known "Aussie"
for not making the poster find it for themselves. :)
I geuss I broke one of Davids rules for using the newsgroup!

Mike Pawlak

David Candy

This is references to a book on such ethical matters

http://www.google.com.au/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q="helping+relationship"+felix&meta=

The Government spent tens of thousands of dollars teaching me ethics.

MAP said:
The last time I gave this advice I was yelled at by that well known "Aussie"
for not making the poster find it for themselves. :)
I geuss I broke one of Davids rules for using the newsgroup!

Mike Pawlak

Alan Smith

Have you worked it out yet?

When you have add 'send to' to the 'send to' menu. In the future you'll be
able to add things to the 'send to' menu more easily, just choose 'send to'
'send to'.

David Candy

That a stupid thing to say. It will move or copy files there, probably not what the person wanted.

Alan Smith

It is you that is saying the stupid thing- it works on this machine, and on
every other machine I've added it to. It can be useful (for example) if you
have several graphics programs installed- Windows links a file extension to
one of them- this way you can choose which one you use.

Would you like to make even more stupid comments based on things you have no
experience of?

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
That a stupid thing to say. It will move or copy files there, probably not
what the person wanted.

David Candy

As I said you don't know what you are talking about.

Experiment.

Add a shortcut to Sendto in Sendto. Right click any folder or file and choose Send To - Send To. The item will be copied to the sendto folder. This is not something that anyone would want and nor is it the effect that you claim it has. One needs to hold down Ctrl + Shift while sending to sendto.

Alan Smith

The original post wasn't aimed at you. Please feel free to ignore it if it's
too hard for your limited intelligence to follow.

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
As I said you don't know what you are talking about.

Experiment.

Add a shortcut to Sendto in Sendto. Right click any folder or file and
choose Send To - Send To. The item will be copied to the sendto folder. This
is not something that anyone would want and nor is it the effect that you
claim it has. One needs to hold down Ctrl + Shift while sending to sendto.

Alan Smith

I didn't give the full process in the first post, I made the mistake of
thinking people had some intelligence to apply to this which doesn't seem to
be the case for one of the posters.

MAP

David said:
This is references to a book on such ethical matters

http://www.google.com.au/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q="helping+relationship"+felix&meta=

The Government spent tens of thousands of dollars teaching me ethics.

Two years ago in the "customize" group I asked a ?. Basically does anyone
know of a program that does.....XYZ (their was one for win 98 but it did not
work on XP). Your responce was that I go to school and learn programing,then
write my own program.Please tell my how that was helpful or ethical?

Mike Pawlak

David Candy

I don't know without the post. I may have been punishing MS by punishing their customers. I may have been punishing you cause I thought the question was stupid. I may have been saying it is not possible in windows except for a programmer. I don't recommend programs except for a very select few, most are crap and don't meet my standards. And a program MUST meet my UI standards - Nero just got deep sixed for being crap.