Add Gaim to pricelessware

REM

"Jack D. Russell, Sr." <[email protected]> wrote:
G> I'm still waiting for a proper vote to be conducted on this
G> matter, but I'm sure that if anyone tries to initiate such, they
G> will quickly get jumped, beaten and discredited as being a Troll,
G> Trouble Maker, Miscreant and anything else to deny the possibility
G> of a proper vote being conducted which just might change the
G> outcome of the previous event.
Don't hold your breathe waiting for that to happen. Let's just all hope
that natural selection has culled the chaff and that now the wheat can
grow even better. ;)

It's not as if only select people can call for a vote Jack. Anyone can. In
response to your reply in which I asked what it will require to appease you you
stated more of an "official" vote was in order.

Ok, I propose an "official" vote concerning Pricelessware.
(I hope it goes over better than Sieste's proposal)

One issue: Is there an official PL site. If so, which is it.

Second issue: Who wants to conduct the online vote for Pricelessware.

I nominate Susan to conduct the online vote. If anyone else is interested please
make it known. Susan has done a superb job for the last two years. If done by
someone with small dedication this could go very badly, however.

The conditions of this "official" vote need to be agreed upon here in ACF.
IE. the announcements, the timeline and deadlines, etc. Whatever you think needs
to be agreed upon to put all of this _far, far_ behind us all.

The time of the "official" vote is at the leisure of Garrett, as he is very busy
at the moment it seems, and it would only be fair that his new site be viewable
and debugged. Just make it known when you are ready Garrett and we will procede.

In the meantime, I can only ask that we each respect, agree to disagree,
whatever it takes to make ACF is _nice_ place to spend some time.

Is this reasonable and workable?

Peace!

dszady

Jack said:
* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <[email protected]>
* Newsgroup: alt.comp.freeware
* Reply to: All; "burnr" <[email protected]>
* Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 05:41:39 -0500
* Subj: Re: Add Gaim to pricelessware

b> news:[email protected]: [...]
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this, I guess. The knockoff,
plagiarized, imitation PWL site carries no more weight, and deserves no
more respect than a cheap Rolex knockoff. JMHO.
How do you plagiarize your own writings?
And of both "sides" you are the only one to refer to either one in that
manner.
You sound bitter. I felt that way last week. Believe me you'll get over it.
Besides, a good troll sits back and watches what they start.
HTH
Yours Trolly,

Garrett

REM wrote:

[snip]
The time of the "official" vote is at the leisure of Garrett, as he
is very busy at the moment it seems, and it would only be fair that
his new site be viewable and debugged. Just make it known when you
are ready Garrett and we will procede.

In the meantime, I can only ask that we each respect, agree to
disagree, whatever it takes to make ACF is nice place to spend some
time.

Is this reasonable and workable?

Peace!

Almost done. Maybe another week.

-Garrett

Garrett

REM wrote:

[snip]
WSFTP is removed from the other list. The license has changed and
archiving older versions is not permitted. (great program too, bummer)

Thanks for the note. I was wondering if it would need to be removed.

-Garrett

Garrett

jo said:
LOL. I get irritated at some of your drivel, but pleased be assured I
don't do 'personal projects'

You needn't be

The 'troll' word. How sweet. And from the man whose earlier post was
described by himself as nothing but a vent.
I think a difference between us is that you enjoy this sort of
behaviour in this group; I don't.

I guess that's where you go wrong. While some of us are trying to hold
a civil thread, people like you tend to jump in and start shooting off
the side with nothing good to add to the issue at hand.

What did you bring to the thread that was of any use or relevance to
the current thread?
Never the boy to move on are we ducks? There'll be another
of these
posts from you or Genna in a few weeks.

Ah yes, that was your contribution to this thread.. My, that's quite
the informative and useful contribution.

Hmmm, so I have to assume that your the who likes this kind of
behaviour, since you're one who's conducting such behaviour here.

If you have nothing important or relative to this thread, and you're
not interested in this issue, then please remove yourself from it, and
then you won't have to play games like this.

Those of us who would like to discuss this issue can do just fine
without your bad form.

Thanks,
-Garrett

Garrett

Jack D. Russell, Sr. wrote:

[snip]
Do as she says, not as she does, don'tcha know.;) Ignore 'em.
They'll go away eventually.

I fear they won't. In fact, I'm shocked that Susan let's these people
represent her in this group with the foul language that many of them
use, the personal attacks that they use. If this is the kind of group
she wants to be associated with, then it will become her downfall.

I jumped into this thread because you and Burnr were actually having a
civil thread on this. I thought this was my chance to actually have
some say in this issue also, but without the gang jumping all over it
and trying to distort it with their misinformation and other bad
tactics.

I thank you and Burnr for the opportunity to discuss this in a civil
manner, and I apologize if my presence in this thread has destroyed the
peaceful thread for you two.

-Garrett

Jack D. Russell, Sr.

* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <[email protected]>
* Newsgroup: alt.comp.freeware
* Reply to: All; "REM" <[email protected]>
* Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 05:19:10 -0500
* Subj: Re: Add Gaim to pricelessware

G>>> I'm still waiting for a proper vote to be conducted on this
G>>> matter, but I'm sure that if anyone tries to initiate such, they
G>>> will quickly get jumped, beaten and discredited as being a
G>>> Troll, Trouble Maker, Miscreant and anything else to deny the
G>>> possibility of a proper vote being conducted which just might
G>>> change the outcome of the previous event.

JDR>> Don't hold your breathe waiting for that to happen. Let's just
JDR>> all hope that natural selection has culled the chaff and that
JDR>> now the wheat can grow even better. ;)

R> It's not as if only select people can call for a vote Jack. Anyone
R> can. In response to your reply in which I asked what it will
R> require to appease you you stated more of an "official" vote was
R> in order.

I stated nothing of the sort. I stated what it *would have taken* to make me (and many others) think that the vote to move the PWL was all above board and valid. You ignored the questions that I asked as did most of the other people involved. You were silent about the accusations that you hurled at me as if they were valid, but "So what."

R> Ok, I propose an "official" vote concerning Pricelessware.
R> (I hope it goes over better than Sieste's proposal)

Yeah...let's all run to lock the barn door now that the cows are all out.

R> One issue: Is there an official PL site. If so, which is it.

Whichever site you think is *it*. I'll do the same and I'm sure everyone else will do the same.

R> Second issue: Who wants to conduct the online vote for Pricelessware.

R> I nominate Susan to conduct the online vote. If anyone else is
R> interested please make it known. Susan has done a superb job for
R> the last two years. If done by someone with small dedication this
R> could go very badly, however.

Sheeeez...I give up. Those who choose to ignore the past are doomed to repeat it. Do whatever you want. Just don't expect everyone to forget what took place to begin this whole fiasco and don't expect everyone to forget how it was handled. I've seen no apologies tendered to those that were slandered. I've yet to see a *valid* reason why a vote, move, etc. was necessary in the first place. Until that happens, this issue will not be resolved as far as I'm concerned. Sweeping the dirt under the rug might work for some people, but we'll always know that it's there.

R> The conditions of this "official" vote need to be agreed upon here
R> in ACF. IE. the announcements, the timeline and deadlines, etc.
R> Whatever you think needs to be agreed upon to put all of this
R> _far, far_ behind us all.

R> The time of the "official" vote is at the leisure of Garrett, as
R> he is very busy at the moment it seems, and it would only be fair
R> that his new site be viewable and debugged. Just make it known
R> when you are ready Garrett and we will procede.

R> In the meantime, I can only ask that we each respect, agree to
R> disagree, whatever it takes to make ACF is _nice_ place to spend
R> some time.

R> Is this reasonable and workable?

Too little, too late. Hopefully the future of the PL will be better than it's *recent* checkered past. Thanks to Susan and the gang.

R> Peace!

No problem with peace.

Jack D. Russell, Sr.

* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <[email protected]>
* Newsgroup: alt.comp.freeware
* Reply to: All; "Garrett" <[email protected]>
* Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 05:59:30 -0500
* Subj: Re: Add Gaim to pricelessware

G> Jack D. Russell, Sr. wrote:

G> [snip]

JDR>> Do as she says, not as she does, don'tcha know.;) Ignore 'em.
JDR>> They'll go away eventually.

G> I fear they won't. In fact, I'm shocked that Susan let's these
G> people represent her in this group with the foul language that
G> many of them use, the personal attacks that they use. If this is
G> the kind of group she wants to be associated with, then it will
G> become her downfall.

Yeah, well...when you hit the bottom, there's really no way to go but up, so maybe the future will be brighter. I'm sure that you already know about the "Birds of a feather" saying. ;) Some people tend to be fickle and opt for "Any port in a storm" when the going gets tough. Just another on a growing longer list of shortcomings.

G> I jumped into this thread because you and Burnr were actually
G> having a civil thread on this. I thought this was my chance to
G> actually have some say in this issue also, but without the gang
G> jumping all over it and trying to distort it with their
G> misinformation and other bad tactics.

I'd hardly call most of the remarks posted to me "civil" but I've come to expect that from that camp. Doesn't bother me in the least. You'll just have to learn to ignore the pot shots and just do what you do. You'll find that *most* of the readers here will support you and help you all that they can if you want it. I just hope that you wouldn't turn around and stab them in the back when they do, or when you hit a bump in the road that doesn't agree with you.

G> I thank you and Burnr for the opportunity to discuss this in a
G> civil manner, and I apologize if my presence in this thread has
G> destroyed the peaceful thread for you two.

You don't have to thank me. I've done nothing but voice my opinion. At this time, it would be hard to discuss the future of the PWL without your presence. I do question your definition of "Peaceful" (in this instance), but that's food for another topic. ;) Have a good one, Garrett, and good luck.
-
Jack

REM

G>>> I'm still waiting for a proper vote to be conducted on this
G>>> matter, but I'm sure that if anyone tries to initiate such, they
G>>> will quickly get jumped, beaten and discredited as being a
G>>> Troll, Trouble Maker, Miscreant and anything else to deny the
G>>> possibility of a proper vote being conducted which just might
G>>> change the outcome of the previous event.
JDR>> Don't hold your breathe waiting for that to happen. Let's just
JDR>> all hope that natural selection has culled the chaff and that
JDR>> now the wheat can grow even better. ;)
R> It's not as if only select people can call for a vote Jack. Anyone
R> can. In response to your reply in which I asked what it will
R> require to appease you you stated more of an "official" vote was
R> in order.
I stated nothing of the sort. I stated what it *would have taken* to make
me (and many others) think that the vote to move the PWL was all above
board and valid.

Here is the message Jack:

<[email protected]>

<QUOTE>

R> What exactly would it require to appease you? (not rhetorical)

An announcement that a vote was going to happen. The reasons for the vote posted
with *ALL* information available, listed and available to *ALL* participants
here, so *ALL* that wished to vote could make an informed decision. A fair time
frame for ALL group participants that want to vote to realize it and voice an
opinion. A week at least, probably longer. There were no pressing emergencies or
deadlines looming.

</QUOTE>

My question above was in the present tense, not in the past tense.

I have proposed all of the above for you.

Garrett says he needs another week or so, that's great!
R> Ok, I propose an "official" vote concerning Pricelessware.
R> (I hope it goes over better than Sieste's proposal)
Yeah...let's all run to lock the barn door now that the cows are all out.

????? We don't want the cows to be _able_ to come back in. I think I'm catching
on to your logic now.
R> One issue: Is there an official PL site. If so, which is it.
Whichever site you think is *it*. I'll do the same and I'm sure everyone else will do the same.

????? cdfe#kfd4mkuyv,' (makes as much sense I reckon)

R> Second issue: Who wants to conduct the online vote for Pricelessware.
R> I nominate Susan to conduct the online vote. If anyone else is
R> interested please make it known. Susan has done a superb job for
R> the last two years. If done by someone with small dedication this
R> could go very badly, however.
Sheeeez...I give up. Those who choose to ignore the past are doomed to
repeat it. Do whatever you want. Just don't expect everyone to forget
what took place to begin this whole fiasco and don't expect everyone to
forget how it was handled. I've seen no apologies tendered to those that
were slandered. I've yet to see a *valid* reason why a vote, move, etc.
was necessary in the first place. Until that happens, this issue will not be
resolved as far as I'm concerned. Sweeping the dirt under the rug might
work for some people, but we'll always know that it's there.

I am fully serious Jack. Your tendency to be totally dissatisified (net grump)
is unbelievable, and quite frankly I'm having a tough time in typing. You are a
riot, I'll give you that.

R> Peace!
No problem with peace.

Right....uh..... Jack. That is clearly visible.

We'll just have to agree we cannot agree on anything that will satisify you
then. No further replys to me are necessary I'm afraid.

Jack D. Russell, Sr.

* Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 06:22:27 -0500
* Subj: Re: Add Gaim to pricelessware

Q>> <
Q >> [about the voting to move the PL]
G >>> It was tainted from the
G >>> get go, it was rushed, it wasn't properly announced and it was
G >>> hidden in a mislabeled thread. The thread was so long with
G >>> exccessive flaming, that if anyone did venture into it, they
G >>> G> >> would have quickly gotten lost and or disinterested in
G >>> the
G >>> thread and would not have known that a vote was being quickly
G >>> conducted in there.

Q>> [snip]

Q>> It was in two threads, with several other threads also
Q>> containing discussion about it. I agree with most of your
Q>> criticisms of how it was handled, but I don't see what good it
Q>> does to keep bringing it up.

G> Yeah, I don't know either, ask Jack, REM and Burnr about that...
G> It's their thread. I only recently jumped in to post my feelings
G> about it.

Don't ask me. I made a comment and everyone else jumped on it. Everytime I see a post by that fake bunch, the bad taste that the whole affair leaves returns. I had an opinion, I posted it. They didn't like it so the accusations and name calling began. Don't let it bother you as I'll assure you that it doesn't bother me.;)

G> Seems now the gang is out and all over me again. Seems my
G> feelings have sparked something again.

They'll jump on any little thing that they can. Don't worry about it. Just ignore it if you choose.

jo

Garrett said:
Ah yes, that was your contribution to this thread.. My, that's quite
the informative and useful contribution.

Hmmm, so I have to assume that your the who likes this kind of
behaviour, since you're one who's conducting such behaviour here.

LOL. You put another of your confrontational posts in - oh, sorry, you
called it a 'vent' - and then play the wounded innocent when you get
replied to.
If you have nothing important or relative to this thread, and you're
not interested in this issue, then please remove yourself from it, and
then you won't have to play games like this.

Those of us who would like to discuss this issue can do just fine
without your bad form.

It is unfortunate, and typical of my observation of your postings here
to date, that you are interested in 'discussing' only with those who
agree with you.
You appear wholly uncomfortable with the concept of an unmoderated,
open, forum.

John Corliss

jo said:
LOL. You put another of your confrontational posts in - oh, sorry, you
called it a 'vent' - and then play the wounded innocent when you get
replied to.

It is unfortunate, and typical of my observation of your postings here
to date, that you are interested in 'discussing' only with those who
agree with you.

I don't think I've ever seen a person as even handed as Garrett,
unless it's perhaps S.O.S. Perhaps it's *your* smart-assed tone that
gets in the way of productive conversation with people.
You appear wholly uncomfortable with the concept of an unmoderated,
open, forum.

Jeez, you really are a troll. Welcome back to my killfile. Your
attitude just re-earned you that status. Trolling Garrett, one of the
true contributers to the world of freeware is about one of the
stupidest things I've seen in a long time.

*PLOINK*

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

Aak! You've hijacked my innocent n00b question for your flame war! :(

Before the thread drifted off, I thought your question was answered ok.
In case the useful replies got lost in the mix for you, see
<

Garrett

jo wrote:

[snip]
It is unfortunate, and typical of my observation of your postings here
to date, that you are interested in 'discussing' only with those who
agree with you.
You appear wholly uncomfortable with the concept of an unmoderated,
open, forum.

I don't have a problem with people who disagree with me. I only have a
problem with people like you, who don't agree or disagree, but simply
come into a thread to give people a bad time for no other reason than
self indulgence. To this point, you still have not provided this
thread with anything relevant at all, except to try and hump my leg
like a dog.

So, instead of trying that and getting absolutely nowhere, would you
like to actually post something relevant to this thread?

We were talking about the previous event that has been called an
official vote that was held in a thread that was mislabled. How a
recent announcement about up and coming votes for PLW was posted in
advance and appropriately labeled, but how the so called vote to move
the site was not announced in advance and was not appropriately labled.
Do you have anything to add to this? Do you have an opinion on this
issue...

Now, your mission, if you chose to accept it, is to try and reply to
this with relevant information, and not unrelated insulting and BS.
Can you do that?

-Garrett

Susan Bugher

Ben said:
I agree, there should be mention on that page that nominations for
programs should only be posted when there is a call for nominations.
( I changed the subject so that, hopefully, Susan will catch it. :) )

Did. :) I've added a link to the PL Procedures web page.

<q>
A new list of Pricelessware programs is chosen once a year by
alt.comp.freeware newsgroup participants. Programs are sometimes added
or removed during the year. The list is reviewed regularly for updated
versions. More information about the Pricelessware selection process can
be found here.
</q>

Susan

jo

Garrett said:
jo wrote:

[snip]
It is unfortunate, and typical of my observation of your postings here
to date, that you are interested in 'discussing' only with those who
agree with you.
You appear wholly uncomfortable with the concept of an unmoderated,
open, forum.

I don't have a problem with people who disagree with me. I only have a
problem with people like you, who don't agree or disagree, but simply
come into a thread to give people a bad time for no other reason than
self indulgence. To this point, you still have not provided this
thread with anything relevant at all, except to try and hump my leg
like a dog.
Now, your mission, if you chose to accept it, is to try and reply to
this with relevant information, and not unrelated insulting and BS.
Can you do that?

And you *really* think that the above constitutes an invitation to
mature discussion?

You can tell a lot about a usenet individual by their choice of insults,
and your obsession with "humping" and "rear ends" is truly fascinating.

If you were to attempt to lapse into civilised english then I would
consider that to be a first step towards dialogue.

Chris Wood

Can't find anything on the category pages (eg. ), just what I followed that
made me make my suggestion here:

"Feedback

Any suggestions and/or comments should be posted on the alt.comp.freeware
newsgroup for discussion.

Program updates and/or broken links can be reported on the newsgroup or
here."

- Chris Wood http://grace.2ya.com/

Garrett

jo wrote:

[snip]
u really think that the above constitutes an invitation to
mature discussion?

You can tell a lot about a usenet individual by their choice of
insults, and your obsession with "humping" and "rear ends" is truly
fascinating.

If you were to attempt to lapse into civilised english then I would
consider that to be a first step towards dialogue.

No you wouldn't, because thus far, you still haven't offered anything
relevant to this thread, and you just had a chance to, in fact, you've
many chances, but but you've opted to pick out only things that you
feel you could use to go after me with. You again, completely avoided
the subject and continue with your attempted character assasination.

You are right about one thing though... You can tell a lot about
someone in usenet, and I think pretty much every one can see what type
of person you are, which to say the least, you're not helpful at all
when it comes to situations that are voltile.

But I'm a forgiving fellow.... So let's try this one more time.... Do
you have anything relevant to this issue at all? If so, then by all
means, please post away, and please try to avoid the personal attack.

-Garrett

jo

Garrett said:
jo wrote:

[snip]
you really think that the above constitutes an invitation to
mature discussion?

You can tell a lot about a usenet individual by their choice of
insults, and your obsession with "humping" and "rear ends" is truly
fascinating.

If you were to attempt to lapse into civilised english then I would
consider that to be a first step towards dialogue.

No you wouldn't,

Please don't try to attempt to present a personal inference as fact
because thus far, you still haven't offered anything
relevant to this thread,

Are you referring to the discussion about Gaim, about which i know
nothing - being a Miranda user - or about the sub thread that wandered
off into group politics? You have already made it very clear what your
position is on threads that contain what you deem to be inappropriate
content.
and you just had a chance to, in fact, you've
many chances, but but you've opted to pick out only things that you
feel you could use to go after me with. You again, completely avoided
the subject and continue with your attempted character assasination.

The subject being what? Gaim or group politics?

My feeling is that you have been presented with several opportunities
for an attempt at open discussion on the issues that concern you and
have declined all of them.
You say things like 'I'm sorry but this farce of a vote cannot be
tolerated' (or similar) and all possibility of discussion goes out of
the window in the face of your control freakery.
You are right about one thing though... You can tell a lot about
someone in usenet, and I think pretty much every one can see what type
of person you are, which to say the least, you're not helpful at all
when it comes to situations that are voltile.

You regard it as useful to refer to Susan as an incompetent with a few
But I'm a forgiving fellow....

LOL.

a) Why on earth should I seek the forgiveness of anyone in an
unmoderated open forum?
b) 'specially when they can't format a correct ellipsis
So let's try this one more time.... Do
you have anything relevant to this issue at all? If so, then by all
means, please post away, and please try to avoid the personal attack.

I think the only time I have personally attacked you was in msg:

<[email protected]>

.... where I referred to you as dishonest and a liar. This was in
response to a direct request from you for additional input other than
the 'snipes' that you choose to belittle my posts to you as being.

You ignored my post. No surprise there, then.

On the subj of personal attacks: please try to find a post of mine where
I try to patronise you as a drone vigilante who wants to hump any part
of your anatomy like a dog.

You obviously have serious issues in this group. You have a choice
between trying to address them in a way that might lead to resolution,
or not.

All of my perceptions of your recent posts here are that you choose the
'not' option. I simply do not see you as seeking 'resolution'; I see you
as an individual that enjoys the cut and thrust of usenet debate in a
way that leads to individual victory regardless of the effect on the ng.

When I used to enjoy that sort of stuff I wandered off to alt.flame or
alt.revenge or the nose. Google might show another of my ID's on this
email addy; I cba to check.

How about you start a new thread, with an appropriate subj line, that
can be filtered by those who are bored by this stuff, where you lay out
your grievances in a non confrontational way devoid of refs to dogs,
rear ends, vigilantes, humping etc?

You know something sad? I really doubt you can do it, partly because the
oldbie usenet flamer in you is pleased for the opportunity of a repeat
outing, and partly because you do not give a damn about the group as it
currently stands. Your definition of acf is of the group you used to
post to X years ago that was composed of the OG (old guard?) that you
obv hold in such high regard.

Times change. All things move on. Some people accept this as natural,
others try to make time stand still no matter what the cost.