A929 Monitor Not Working ...

Reaction score
Finally !!! After just three days and a few hours, I was finally able to remove the motherboard from my desknote. I have installed the new motherboard I recently purchased, hooked it back up correctly and then closed it back with no problems. Now when I turn it on, nothing appears on the monitor. I know I hooked the monitor back up correctly because there are only two cords that comes from the monitor on my A929 desknote. Everything else seems to work just fine (CDROM, Harddrive sounds like it's booting as well) but nothing displays on the monitor screen. Can anyone enlighten me on this, let me know if I done anything wrong.
Sad to say, I am very close to throwing the whole thing away and using the main parts (harddrive, CPU, and memory). In fact, if I can't get this monitor working by tomorrow, I may end up trashing it. Can anyone help me save my desknote...

JusBitnezz

Reaction score
Would your new motherboard happen to have onboard graphics and you are using a different card to plug your monitor into?
if so you would need to use onboard and tell bios to select the other one then plug into your non-onboard one.

other than that im not sure - is your video card properly seated in the slot? are any relevant connectors plugged in? pull the all clear jumper and give it another go?

Reaction score
ahh sorry my bad - just read a review here and its a sort of laptop sort of desktop thing!

not too sure then - maybe one of the more knowledgable people would have a goodanswer for you shorty...

regards

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd try taking it apart again and make sure that none of the fine wires got pulled out of the sockets. You could also use an external monitor to make sure that the system actually works?

It would be worth persisting with, as I am sure it will work eventually ;)

Ask a Question