AOC 2460PF 144Hz Freesync Monitor ... Sorted

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
OK. so I've spent 3hrs or so trying to get this 'freesync' monitor working as intended. NOT helped by Win 10 either.

I was actually really excited when this, err, monitor landed on my doorstep ... Amazingdotcon once again delivered this package a day early, god help anyone who has to work as this early delivery is a last minute email on the day they is gonna deliver. Anyways, I digress.

I have a Freesync Graphics Card, the Sapphire Nitro R9 380

I've tried:
1. Windows 'default' drivers
2. The DVD driver disk, I get, 2460G4 drivers (I have a 2460PF)
3. Been online and downloaded the 2460PF Beta drivers (these are the only ones I can find with my monitors number) and watched a video on how to 'correctly' install the drivers.
4. followed instructions to the letter from Video and HowTo site.
5. tore my hair out, oh wait, I ain't got any. :rolleyes:

about to request a return/refund RMA ... I bought this monitor for £189.99 and they are now selling for £210.71, wonder if I'll make a profit?

Would love to solve this "problem" as I see these 144s seem to be going back over the £200 mark.

:user:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Probably a daft question, but is there any chance it could be a cable issue?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What exactly is it not doing that needs you to install the driver manually?

muckshifter

Reaction score
Probably a daft question, but is there any chance it could be a cable issue?
could be, they didn't supply a DVI cable ... I'm using the one that 'should' work with any DVI. (has all the correct pins layout) Will try HDMI

V_R ... it first installed Windows' own drivers, so the monitor was just a "default monitor" ... I then attempted to install the (supposedly) correct drivers off the CD, the 'name' didn't match ... so I looked on the tinternet and found the 'problem' and 'solution'

... only, it don't work

:(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
could be, they didn't supply a DVI cable ... I'm using the one that 'should' work with any DVI. (has all the correct pins layout) Will try HDMI

V_R ... it first installed Windows' own drivers, so the monitor was just a "default monitor" ... I then attempted to install the (supposedly) correct drivers off the CD, the 'name' didn't match ... so I looked on the tinternet and found the 'problem' and 'solution'

... only, it don't work

:(

You need a dual link DVI-D or DisplayPort. Preferably the latter for 144Hz.

Yes I understand that mucks, but what I'm asking is, is the monitor not functioning as intended? Do you specifically need the driver? Is is this issue?

muckshifter

Reaction score
AMDradion.PNG
AOCfs1.PNG

note the 59 Hertz

crimsettings.PNG

and Crimson 'sees' a 2460G4

:rolleyes:

muckshifter

Reaction score
H A L L E L U J A H

V_R ... I owe you a Brewery ... 6 god damn hours and all I needed was the right cable out of the box!

AOC still get NO points for this, I'll have to cancel the cancel now.

:fool:

Ask a Question