I can't open my A929 I-Buddie.

Reaction score
I bought my A929 I-Buddie about a year and a half ago. I believe it was the best thing that ever happened to me as I was able to swap parts from my desktop and put them in my desknote. However, I have ran into a little problem. I recently purchased another motherboard for my desknote because my ethernet failed to work and the third prong became detached from the power cord. Anyway, I am in the process of removing the old motherboard but can not get it out to save my life. I have removed all of the screws that I could get to (including under memory, and under start button). As I open it up just a little, I see that it is attached somehow in the center of the board where I am not able to reach without breaking. Am I missing something, or is there some kinda trick to getting this thing open. I would appreciate any type of help.

Thanks in advance,

JusBitnezz

Reaction score
there's a thread somewhere in pcreview which goes into some detail about i-buddies and the dodgy power connection, may be worth having a look, just do a search.

James

Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt response Techy. But is there an easier way to locate this thread rather than reading through each individual subject line ?

JusBitnezz

Reaction score
here's a link, but looking at it again it may not be relavent although it's likely that the issues are related.

get a brew before reading this thread, trust me!

Regards

James

Reaction score

Ask a Question