ZIPPED FOLDERS

NANCY PEREZ

I DOWNLOADED A ZIPPED FILE BUT WHEN TRY TO OPEN THE FILE
IT GIVES A MESSAGE "COMPRESSED (ZIPPED)FOLDER IS INVALID
OR CORRUPTED" I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT PLEASE
HELP??!!!!!

Jim Macklin

Downloaded from where? Download it again. Try a zip
program such as IZARC, which can handle more format types
than XPs or WinZip does. http://www.izsoft.dir.bg/izarc.htm

Read the details on the download site about what program is
needed to open/run the file.

Don't post in all caps, it is rude and considered to be
shouting.

message | I DOWNLOADED A ZIPPED FILE BUT WHEN TRY TO OPEN THE FILE
| IT GIVES A MESSAGE "COMPRESSED (ZIPPED)FOLDER IS INVALID
| OR CORRUPTED" I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT PLEASE
| HELP??!!!!!

Try downloading it again. It is possible that the d/l is corrupt.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

I DOWNLOADED A ZIPPED FILE BUT WHEN TRY TO OPEN THE FILE
IT GIVES A MESSAGE "COMPRESSED (ZIPPED)FOLDER IS INVALID
OR CORRUPTED" I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT PLEASE
HELP??!!!!!

i already try that but it doesn't want to work

Downloaded from where? Download it again. Try a zip
program such as IZARC, which can handle more format types
than XPs or WinZip does. http://www.izsoft.dir.bg/izarc.htm

Read the details on the download site about what program is
needed to open/run the file.

Don't post in all caps, it is rude and considered to be
shouting.

message | I DOWNLOADED A ZIPPED FILE BUT WHEN TRY TO OPEN THE FILE
| IT GIVES A MESSAGE "COMPRESSED (ZIPPED)FOLDER IS INVALID
| OR CORRUPTED" I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT PLEASE
| HELP??!!!!!

.
i am sorry i didn't know about the caps.. I already try
that and i make sure i open it with the right program
which is my documents

Gordon

(e-mail address removed) cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly:
wrote in

that and i make sure i open it with the right program
which is my documents
"My Documents" is a folder, NOT a program!

Jim Macklin

My Documents is not a program, it is a folder within Windows
where your documents are stored. This is a convenience so
they are not mixed with all the 10,000 program files that
make up Windows.
Windows XP has a built-in compression program, which handles
standard zip files. There are other compression programs,
WinZip perhaps being the most common. There are other file
compression coding methods. The zip file extension should
open with XPs program or any other file compression utility
program. If the file will not open, you should understand
that it may be corrupt, meaning that the download was
damaged or the file on the server was not complete. You can
try downloading it again. You can email the site from which
you downloaded it and have them check the file for
corruption. You can try other file
compression/decompression utilities.

Also, don't start a new message, I see you did that. Use
one thread, which means messages connected to the original
message. And wait at least 24 hours between posting.
Newsgroups are not staffed, the answers come from people who
volunteer their time just to help.