Zip Drive Problems

G

I installed an old IDE Zip Drive into my Windows XP Home system. WinXP immediately recognized it as a Zip drive, I assume loaded the correct drivers, and assigned a drive letter to it.

Under "My Computer" the software recognizes it as a Zip Drive.

HOWEVER, it only recognizes the folders and subfolders of the original zip disk! If I insert a new zip disk it does not recgonize it. I have tried several different options of opening different windows and clicking on "Refresh" and it still fails to recognize different disks.

Please help.

G

Hello, Go to iomega.com and downlaod the latest driver
Well, before I asked my question, I saw that was the standard answer for Parallel ZIP drives, but I didn't see that as the answer for IDE/ATAPI ZIP drives. But I did it anyway. I went to Iomega's website and on the recommendation installed their Iomegaware software which includes the proper driver

BIG MISTAKE! It caused my system to hang for literally hours on boot. After several attempts to get into my system, I was finally successful to get into Safe Mode by booting from my WinXP SetUp CD, and told XP to uninstall the software. Guess what? It uninstalled the software, but it didn't uninstall the driver! So I had to leave my computer on all night to get past the hangs and complete the boot process

Now I need advice on how to remove the Iomega driver AND fix my original problem

HELP!!!

E

E.P. van Westendorp

I have three computers running Windows 98SE, one of them also runs
Windows XP Home.
Each computer contains an Iomega ZIP 100 IDE/ATAPI that runs without any
problem for years.
I never installed any Iomega driver or other Iomega software!

(BTW The Iomega ZIP 100 Parallel needs only a changed parallel port
setting in Windows XP and doesn't need Iomega driver/software either.)

Ask a Question