Subject: Zip (compressed) folder problems
From: "Gary" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 4/8/2004 3:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Somehow I screwed up some of the built-in functionality
for Zip archives. The icon it shows in a window is the
default icon for an unrecognized file, and I cannot
create Zip folders through the default method of right-
clicking and selecting new and then "Compressed (Zipped)
Folder". I also cannot extract the zip file by right-
clicking it. However, I can double-click a Zip archive
and it will open it normally, and I am able to extract it
from there. How do I restore full functionality to zip
folders?

Start>Run>regsvr32 zipfldr.dll will do it.
HTH,

John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***