Windows 7 Youtube so slow!

Reaction score
When ever i watch anything on youtube it seems to work for 10 seconds and then starts buffering for a few seconds and then plays again? Anything i can do to speed it up??

Reaction score
I have been having the same issue for the last while too. Will be very interested to hear what folk have to say.

Reaction score
I'm fine on YouTube... what you'll find is that alot of ISPs are throttling sites like YouTube and the iPlayer

Reaction score
Yeah ISP's like VM are doing lots or throttling at all sorts of times

and specific sites

Very very annoying!!!!

Reaction score
My ISP is upc and they don't throttle as far as i know......how do i check if i'm gettin the throttle ?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
My ISP - Zen - don't throttle either yet once or twice recently I've experienced Youtube lag but it's a rare occurence.

I'd suspect something as simple as heavy Youtube traffic.

But that's by no means a cut and dried verdict ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Not that this suggestion will help with the explanation, but it may help with smooth playback :). If you click pause on a youtube video straight away, you get let it all buffer before clicking play again :thumb:. It's not ideal, but it should help a little.

Reaction score
Well, I love YouTube, but I'm bothered with slow download speed for quite a long time. Several days ago, I try Mild Green Fairy Liquid, which is really wonderful. It can improve download speed by 3 times.

Reaction score
Yeah me too.....lol. I have been haviing trouble watching youtube and other video's but i came across a little free prog. If you're interested pm me.

Reaction score
Hey, I'm that's still OK, I should wait for 10 minutes and more after buffing with only 4 Minutes video.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Was going through various settings in the Preferences menu of Firefox browser and noticed the Proxy was set at "auto detect" which I switched to "no proxy".

Things seem to work better now no lag so far. If my isp was throttling the youtube site, maybe, but now its OK after the change.

You guys should try it, there is nothing to loose. :)

Ask a Question