Your favourite recipe?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Has anyone here got their own favourite recipe, something that is extra tasty? :user:

I'm no culinary expert, but I'm quite proud of my strange version of a cottage pie - I use sweet potatoes on the top, and loads of Worcestershire sauce/marmite in the middle... its lovely ;)

Like I said, I'm no expert ;)

I'd like to give something a go that anyone can recommend, especially anything out of the ordinary :D

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Beef stew and Dumplings

Stew and dumplings and roast spuds ..which I am making tonight

1. Cut and slice 1 large onion and 2 cloves of garlic..brown in a pan with a splodge of olive oil..then place into a casserole base..

2. prepare 300ml of beef stock then preheat oven to 150C/300F/gas mark 2

3. slice into thick pieces about 1/2 kg of Braising steak then again fry them on a high heat with another splodge of olive oil..when browned add 2 tablespoons of plain flour and season with salt and pepper

4 add the stock and stir until of a thick consistency then add to the onions and garlic in the casserole base .

Heres the best part open a large bottle of red wine have a glass and then reluctantly add 150ml to the casserole along with a bag of bouquet garni .
cover and cook in the centre of the oven for about 2 hours.

wash and peel some small charlotte potatoes and par boil for 10mins when drained add some rosemary and shake ..cook these for about 20 mins gas mark 7 shaking occasionally

have some more wine..

when 2 hours for the meat is up , make up the dumplings ..Goldenfry dumpling mix is good ..about 40p for a box just follow instructions ..will only take about 5 mins.. then add them to the casserole and make sure they are submersed in the stock.. cover again and cook for another 20 mins ..

Have some more wine and serve with parsley as a garnish

Voilla ..not all men cant cook and my wife loves it

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh I like the sound of that Rush, I make beef stew and dumplings as it is yummy... but I've not done it like that before - I'll have to give that a go at the weekend. I just hope I remember to leave some wine for the cooking ;)

Reaction score
Take a sponge tin or similar > layer the bottom with cockles cover with cheese add grated/sliced onion, don’t mix it, put it under the grille until the cheese has melted remove, place whole unbroken raw eggs [out of the shell of course] on top add Worchester or whatever your likes are, don’t stir replace under the grill until cooked, home made bread and butter/coffee Mmmmmm… :nod:

Ask a Question