Your Favorite Recipe?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm looking for some new cooking ideas, as I've started to cook very similar meals for the past few months! I'm having a trip to stock up on some ingredients, and pick up that wine Floppy recommended as I haven't had a chance yet.

So far on my ideas list are:
  • Quad's Paalak (Saag) Ghost
  • Some sort of ratatouille, as I didn't think I liked it until I had a really good one in Spain.
Any other ideas would be much appreciated!

Reaction score
Scrambled Egg on Toast?

Oh, you meen real cooking;)
I like to do veggie quorn in a pan with sliced mushrooms & tomatos, a little seasoning in a pan to slow cook.
And then get some nice pennie pasta and cook. Washed down with a nice bottle of ale.:D

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Vindaloo :)

I used to cook loads of different things, have been making curries since 1968 using spices, fresh leaves and stuff. But since it's just me now, I rarely bother.

If the Sag Gosht is that lamb and spinach curry, that's one of my favourites.

There's also a couple of takeaway shops, one next to Clapham North Tube, the other in Earls Court Road, that both sell a superb version of that dish.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Not very exciting I suppose, but I love a good chilli ;)

preferably with pepper sauce & jalpeno peppers *yum* :p

Although I don't know if my pallette will handle the latter these days :(

My daughter doesn't like spicy food so've had to tone my chillis down a bit in the last couple of years.

Note, if you add a good dark soy sauce when you're frying up the mince it will add an extra bite ;)

& don't forget the Worchester sauce either :nod:

Don't think that's in the original recipie either.

In fact, I've been tinkering with it for so many years I don't know if mine resembles the recipie much at all :rolleyes:

Then eat the lot over Nachos, with sour cream & melted cheese...

sinful... :nod:

Mmmmmmm.... getting hungry... bugga... it's only breakfast time :wall:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
personally it doesnt matter what recipe it is, cause more than likely ill eat it :)
but for my Culinary class i made beef steak diane.... too bad i dont remeber how to make it :D

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
i aint much of a healthy food lover, but Tofu and squash sauted in olive oil is very good!

Reaction score
How about some good ole EastTennessee BBQ Sauce

What How Much
Catsup 96 oz
Worcestershire 8 oz
Tabasco 1 bottle
Mustard 2 oz
Vinegar 8 ox
Oil 16 oz
Sugar 10oz
Onion Salt 1 1/2 T
Garlic Salt 1 1/2 T
Accent 1 1/2 T
Molasses 6 oz
Kitchen Bouquet 2 oz
Salt 1 1/2 t
Pepper 1 1/2 t

I usually adjust the Tabasco,Accent, Molasses and Kitchen Bouquet to taste. It makes about 1 and 1/4 Gallon.
Just can it like you would anything else and it will keep forever.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By RedTheHead

I usually adjust the Tabasco,Accent, Molasses and Kitchen Bouquet to taste. It makes about 1 and 1/4 Gallon.

What you BBQ`ing a Blue Whale ???

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Rush said:
By RedTheHead

What you BBQ`ing a Blue Whale ???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Much the same thought went through my head, lol, that really made me laugh out loud Rush :lol:

Remind me to knock that one up when next I'm catering for the Queen's garden Party :D

Coupla questions:

I would assume 'Catsup' is tomato ketchup?

What's 'Accent'?

I'm assuming a kitchen bouquet is a Bouquet Garni one of those muslin bags full of mixed herbs?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I might make less off the BBQ sauce as it's only for 2 ;)

I had a google for accent (http://www.bgfoods.com/accent/accent_about.asp) I think its some flavouring thing, but I've not seen it here in the UK. May have to improvise on that bit :)

I'm glad Worchester sauce has turned up twice in the thread already as I use that and soy sauce in everything (spag bol, cottage pie, fajitas - everything!).

Man, I'm hungry now!!!!

Ask a Question