You do not have the required permission to view the properties

G

I am studying for my MCSE and have Windows 2000 server
I have a broadband connection and would like to configure Remote access via a VPN
I open the Routing and remote access console but am unable to do anything with it, STATE "unavailable"
I cannot view the properties of the RRAS server (access denied), cannot remove it, cant do anything with it except refresh the view

I would like to start again, from scratch, I found remrras.exe but it seems to do nothing
Can anyone help me?

M

Marc Reynolds [MSFT]

Verify that the following services are started:
Remote Registry
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Verify the following permissions:
-System account has full control to the \winnt\temp directory.
-System account has full control of the \winnt\system32\IAS
-System account has full control of the ias.mdb and dnary.mdb files.

--

Thanks,
Marc Reynolds
Microsoft Technical Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Danny said:
I am studying for my MCSE and have Windows 2000 server.
I have a broadband connection and would like to configure Remote access via a VPN.
I open the Routing and remote access console but am unable to do anything with it, STATE "unavailable".
I cannot view the properties of the RRAS server (access denied), cannot
remove it, cant do anything with it except refresh the view.

G

Thanks.

That seems to have improved matters, starting the remote registry service, but..
Both the Configure... and Disable options on the task menu are greyed out, leaving just Stop and Restart
The state still shows unavailable, all appropriate services do appear to be running, no likely looking entries in the event viewer
I am still denied access to view the properties of the server (I am administrator)

Perhaps I'll start again and rebuild the machine. All good valuable experience, but it is nice to fix these things without resorting tho that

Ask a Question