XPSP2 IE6 - Detect Proxy Settings missing from error page.

Peter Cronwright

Since upgrading to Windows XP SP2, the "Detect Proxy Settings" link which
usually appears when you cannot connect to a website is missing.
We are using WPAD and our WPAD server has recently changed, the browser is
still trying to connect to the old WPAD server. Previously to fix this we
would wait for the error page to load then click on the "Detect Proxy
Settings" link.

How can we force the browser to detect the new WPAD server and WPAD.dat
file?

Feng Mao

Hi Peter,

I have posted my suggestion in the newsgroup
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser.

I hope that it will be helpful.

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE