xp won't resume after hibernation

I am using a P4 machine w/ 1GB RAM, wireless laser mouse 6000. Hibernation
has not worked for some time, I think it stopped around the time of
installing USB mouse. I have uninstalled the mouse and all related
hardware/software but still no resume after hibernation.

Can anyone help with this?

--Alias--

steveb said:
I am using a P4 machine w/ 1GB RAM, wireless laser mouse 6000. Hibernation
has not worked for some time, I think it stopped around the time of
installing USB mouse. I have uninstalled the mouse and all related
hardware/software but still no resume after hibernation.

Can anyone help with this?

How are you trying to wake it up from hibernation?

Alias

I am waking by powering up. I get the "resuming Windows" screne but it hangs
at the end and never completes.

Michel Merlin

Most Hibernation problems in XP were brought by SP2, only happen
with 1GB or more, and are fixed by hotfix 909095. The reason is
SP2 made XP unable to update the size of the pagefile.sys file
when RAM is big. So, you may have 1GB or more, so when you added
some load on your system (particularly an USB load - even a
small one, e.g. an USB mouse), this triggered the problem.

Details in the Related Message below, and parent and children
ones. In short, call Microsoft and ask "I want the hotfix of
KB909095"; MS will send you a free 2.5MB file that fixes the
problem.

Paris, Thu 17 Aug 2006 15:49:55 +0200

----- Parent Message (links are clickable) -----
From: "steveb" <[email protected]>