XP won't let me into system restore

G

I just wiped my hd and reinstalled XP. I'm trying to create a restore point, but it ignores me (!!!) when I try to run system restore. When I select the System Restore from the start menu, the mouse cursor changes to the arrow with the small hour glass beside it for about 5 seconds, then changes back to the regular arrow and does nothing after that. Trying to open "System" in the control panel does the same thing. Rebooting does not help. Anyone know what could possibly make it do that?

A

Alex Nichol

Joe said:
I just wiped my hd and reinstalled XP. I'm trying to create a restore point, but it ignores me (!!!) when I try to run system restore. When I select the System Restore from the start menu, the mouse cursor changes to the arrow with the small hour glass beside it for about 5 seconds, then changes back to the regular arrow and does nothing after that. Trying to open "System" in the control panel does the same thing.

Are you running them from an account that has Administrator status? I
don't think either is available to limited/restricted users

G

I have administrative permissions, so I doubt thats it. Since my last post I've also had several other programs start freezing on me. This was happening before I reformatted (three times now) so I'm wondering if its a hardware thing. I took the RAM out and put it back in to reset it, but no change. A friend of mine suggested it might be the power supply. Could that be the problem, or is there something else that might do that?

Ask a Question