XP won't boot up

G

After getting an error trying to install an update of Musicmatch jukebox, my computer will not boot up at all. After the unsuccessful installation, I received an error that said try to re-install. I restarted the computer, tried that 2x and got the same error. After the 3rd try, my computer will now not boot up at all. I turned the computer on and off, got a completely black screen. Then tried the Windows XP Home edition CD Rom as boot up disk, now screen is completely black except 1 line: "T1Mach64 SDRAM BIOS 3.086" with a flashing cursor under that. No boot up past that. Any ideas? If I could just get Windows XP to run, I could restore the system to the point in time prior to installation of bum program. Thanks.

G

If it is possible, try to get to Safe Mode: press F8 during bootup.

If you can get to safe mode, then try System Recovery and choose restore point prior to this disaster.

If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll need to do a repair install.

Before you proceed: check out the System BIOS settings: make sure that they are correct for your hardware configuration. Also ensure that BIOS is set to boot up from CD ROM.

Rebbot off the XP Installation Disk.

When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below
This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.
Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.
Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.

Ask a Question