XP Pro upgrade appears to have stalled or is running very slow

G

I'm trying to upgrade my XP Home to XP Pro. Everything was going fine until the setup started after the computer restarted itself. It got through the preinstall phase, but in the install phase it went about 3/4 of the way through and appears to have stalled at 34 minutes left. That was last night, when I noticed it not moving any further. I accidently fell asleep and when I woke up this morning it was still in the install phase. It appeared to have progressed some, but now says 32 minutes left to install and is about 1/4 through setting up the network. So far it has not gone any further. What should I do? What's going on? If you need more info. let me know.

G

I have a similar problem to katie's but my computer restarts when it gets to 34 minutes. Then a blue screen appears and says: setup is being restarte
I enters setup to installing devices, starts with 39 minutes left, goes down to 34 and restarts and so on. It like an infinite loop
Please help us.

G

turn on your computer and press F1 to enter setup, use your right-arrow key and go to boot. Go down and select something about changing the order (I don't really remember what it says). Make your CD drive (the one where you have you windows disk) to boot first and that solved the problem for me. I continued installing and I went to take a shower. it produced and error but I never pressed ok because it seemed to be doing the setup anyways and it was. The setup finished, the computer restarted and whala, I have xp pro :)

Ask a Question