XP Pro slow startup

G

Hi

When I start XP Pro, there's about a 45 second span where I get the black XP startup screen (with the three blue bars racing across the window). During this time, there's no hard drive access at all. This is before any user profile information is run. What's happening during that time, and is there any way I can reduce or eliminate that 'dead time' on startup?

G

There are lots of cause for slow Xp boot time. It is a shame to say, but patches slows down a machine. Same about lots of applications. One of the things you could do is remove any CD left into the CD drive while booting. You might as well upgrade your hardware drivers

----- Don wrote: ----

Hi

When I start XP Pro, there's about a 45 second span where I get the black XP startup screen (with the three blue bars racing across the window). During this time, there's no hard drive access at all. This is before any user profile information is run. What's happening during that time, and is there any way I can reduce or eliminate that 'dead time' on startup?

B

Bill

Try here

http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/Slowcom.htm

Bill
-----Original Message-----
There are lots of cause for slow Xp boot time. It is a
shame to say, but patches slows down a machine. Same about
lots of applications. One of the things you could do is
remove any CD left into the CD drive while booting. You
might as well upgrade your hardware drivers.
----- Don wrote: -----

Hi,

When I start XP Pro, there's about a 45 second span
where I get the black XP startup screen (with the three
blue bars racing across the window). During this time,
there's no hard drive access at all. This is before any
user profile information is run. What's happening during
that time, and is there any way I can reduce or eliminate
that 'dead time' on startup?

Ask a Question