XP PRO Repair

I have the full version of XP PRO but lost my Win Find/Search. Norton
WinDoctor found I am missing file "C:\WINDOWS\System32\MAPISRVR.EXE." cannot
access a necessary file "gapi32.dll". I can't boot up from the XP PRO CD with
the CD in either the CDROM or DVD tray. I also can't install/repair when
thePC is running since I am running a newer version than the CD (SP2 etc).
Suggestions would be welcomed!

kurttrail

MikeWBL said:
I have the full version of XP PRO but lost my Win Find/Search. Norton
WinDoctor found I am missing file
"C:\WINDOWS\System32\MAPISRVR.EXE." cannot access a necessary file
"gapi32.dll".

Uninstall Norton. Worthless crap.
I can't boot up from the XP PRO CD with the CD in
either the CDROM or DVD tray. I also can't install/repair when thePC
is running since I am running a newer version than the CD (SP2 etc).
Suggestions would be welcomed!

You have to go into the BIOS and set you boot order so that it checks
your CD-ROM before it checks your harddrive to boot.

--
Peace!
Kurt

Thanks. I changed the Bios to boot from the cdrom. Now it boots up frpm the
CD, I use "R" & enter for repair, I add my admin password & get to the C:
prompt; what next?!

kurttrail

MikeWBL said:
Thanks. I changed the Bios to boot from the cdrom. Now it boots up
frpm the CD, I use "R" & enter for repair, I add my admin password &
get to the C: prompt; what next?!

You hit the "R" at the wrong time. Start again using these
instructions:

Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Sorry for the other reply. I just read Bert's post and copied & pasted
gapi32.dll where it should be. I'll be restarting right now. Thanks!

Jim Macklin

It is in the KB

message
| THANKS!! Should be in MS's owner's manual!
|
| "kurttrail" wrote:
|
| > MikeWBL wrote:
| > > Thanks. I changed the Bios to boot from the cdrom. Now
it boots up
| > > frpm the CD, I use "R" & enter for repair, I add my
admin password &
| > > get to the C: prompt; what next?!
| > >

| > You hit the "R" at the wrong time. Start again using
these
| > instructions:
| >
| > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
| >
| > --
| > Peace!
| > Kurt
| > Self-anointed Moderator
| > microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
| > http://microscum.com
| > "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an
Oxymoron!

MikeWBL said:
THANKS!! Should be in MS's owner's manual!

Yeah, Mike should get paid by Microsoft for his Repair Install
Instructions, as it is one of the most given out links in this group.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

kurttrail

Jim said:
It is in the KB

Yeah, but Mike's instructions are in English, not techno-babble.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Jim Macklin

True, but in these days of government schooling, M-TV, IM
and chat, reading comprehension is very low.