Windows XP XP Pro Problems

Reaction score
I recently bought a new computer for my home business with XP Pro. I use PC-Cillin anti-virus, earthlink ISP, and eudora for my business e-mail.

I recently picked up "worm agobot.cw" in C:\windows\system32\IPstack.exe. PC-Cillin was unable to quarrantine it so I called Trend Micro and they helped me quarrantine it an delete it.

Now after connecting to the internet I am unable to send or recieve messages on my earthlink account (error message : SMTP server hostnam unavailable) or get on the WEB. I get the error message "page unavailable" after it trys to load up for a minute.
I caanot acces my business e-mail through Eudora either.

I was on the phone with earthlink. They tried everything. They cam eot the conclusion that there was a software problem in my browser - internet explorer.

PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
stick your winXP cd in click...install windows XP and choose UPGRADE...windows will then replace all your system files without affecting or messing your games/data.....but you will have to reinstall the widows security patches and maybe update the antivirus......make sure you install a firewall to stop those worms BEFORE going on the internet again...

Reaction score
Thanks for the response "legless1" . I tried to reinstall Windows XP with upgrade. I wasn't able to begine because I got an error message "unable to copy file biosinfo.inf to C:\$win_nt$.~bt\biosinfo.inf.

I printed out the file "biosinfo" it was a copyright Microsoft file 32 pages with all kinds of rules for different computers.

I AM STILL DEAD IN THE WATER!!!!!!!

Reaction score
hi Sam.....:spin: well that just leaves you with two things huh.?.....either you're going to be damned lucky....or format....which is what i'd do now rather than maybe spend months trying and odds being that i'd fail to resolve it......sorry i couldn't be more help

Ask a Question