XP Pro has known problems? It's different than XP Home??

Johnny Asia

Hi,

A friend of mine has been trying to get biofeedback
software, "Life System", to work on his computer,
a Compaq laptop with XP Pro.
It locked up the computer every time he tried to use
it. He called the guy who wrote the software, the guy
said "Oh, no wonder! It's designed to work with XP Home"
So, my friend bought XP Home and I installed it for him.

The "Life System" still froze the computer. He called the guy again.
who blamed it on me, saying I must have left old files from XP
on the computer.

I know the guy is bullshiting, but my friend, who spent
lots of money on the "Life System", believes what
they tell him.

The guy who wrote the software said "Microsoft has
known about the problems with XP Pro for years but
have done nothing about it."

I need help debunking this scam artist.

Thanks,
Johnny
+

Johnny Asia, Guitarist from the Future
http://www.angelfire.com/art2/painterny/wqe.html

"I say play your own way. Don't play what the public wants. You play what
you want and let the public pick up on what you're doing even if it does take
them fifteen, twenty years." - Thelonious Monk

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Both Windows XP Home Edition and XP Pro are based
on the same core system files. I'm willing to bet the programmer
has done a rather poor job of writing the program and now
wishes to flail away at the operating system. Seek a refund
for that lifeless "Life System" program.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

<pope_about_town at Xyahoo.com (Johnny Asia)> wrote in message:

| Hi,
|
| A friend of mine has been trying to get biofeedback
| software, "Life System", to work on his computer,
| a Compaq laptop with XP Pro.
| It locked up the computer every time he tried to use
| it. He called the guy who wrote the software, the guy
| said "Oh, no wonder! It's designed to work with XP Home"
| So, my friend bought XP Home and I installed it for him.
|
| The "Life System" still froze the computer. He called the guy again.
| who blamed it on me, saying I must have left old files from XP
| on the computer.
|
| I know the guy is bullshiting, but my friend, who spent
| lots of money on the "Life System", believes what
| they tell him.
|
| The guy who wrote the software said "Microsoft has
| known about the problems with XP Pro for years but
| have done nothing about it."
|
| I need help debunking this scam artist.
|
| Thanks,
| Johnny
| +
|
| Johnny Asia, Guitarist from the Future
| http://www.angelfire.com/art2/painterny/wqe.html
|
| "I say play your own way. Don't play what the public wants. You play what
| you want and let the public pick up on what you're doing even if it does take
| them fifteen, twenty years." - Thelonious Monk

Frank Jelenko

You might try asking him what about XP Pro is causing the problem with his
software. If he/she isn't able to specify, means he has no claim/facts,
just FUD.

t.cruise

A client had the same problem with his biofeedback program. The answer for
him, was going to the local computer school, and buying a used Pentium 3 PC
with Windows 98, for about $300, just to run that program for his clients.
Another possibility is: Using the Program Compatibility Wizard and
installing and running in the Windows 98 Compatibility Mode? (Start
button/All Programs/Accessories/Program Compatibility Wizard).

Johnny Asia

Both Windows XP Home Edition and XP Pro are based
on the same core system files. I'm willing to bet the programmer
has done a rather poor job of writing the program and now
wishes to flail away at the operating system. Seek a refund
for that lifeless "Life System" program.

The guy said his software was designed for XP Home and won't run on
XP Pro.

The CD has a Neato stick-on label, poorly designed at that.
I did a search for "L.I.F.E Systems Limited", all I found was this:

http://www.wingsandimages.com/alternative/life.html

The Latest Quantum Technology Available Is A L.I.F.E System
The mission of Living Information Systems is to produce the finest
evoked potential biofeedback device possible.

Every component of the L.I.F.E. (Living Information Forms Energy)
System has been compiled with the greatest degree of originality,
competency and integrity. Medical professionals and practitioners
interested in the exciting world of quantum science may use the system
as a bridge between traditional healing approaches and energy
medicine. Living Information Systems is dedicated to providing
technical assistance, marketing supervision, internet web support and
professional training.

The L.I.F.E. System is an evoked potential biofeedback device. It
records subtle, "reactive" informational stress potentials provided by
the client during the assessment procedure. The computer evaluates the
feeding it back to the client. This process assists the body's own
natural defense mechanisms by encouraging energetic balance and
harmony.

The following areas are included on the L.I.F.E. System:
Musculo-Skeletal and Dermatone Profile
Color and Chakra Profile
Neuro-Emotional Profile
Meridian Profile
Rife-Like Auto Assess and Feedback
Chromosome and Gene Profile
Organ Specific Sarcodes
Muscles, Cartilage and Ligaments
Circulatory and Heart Profile
Respiratory Profile
Digestive Profile
Nerve Profile
Bone Profile
Lymph Profile
Ears and Eyes Profile
Sinus Profile
Sport Profile - Injury and Trauma
Dental Profile
Allergy Profile
Homeopathic Profile
Nutritional Profile
Emotional Transformation and Timeline Profile
Hormone Profile
Brain Profile
Cosmetic Profile
Detox and Multiple Stress Profile
Miasms and Anti-Aging
Pet/Animal Profile
Timed Specific Profile
Dimensional Transformation
Iridology Profile
Bio-Feedback Profile
Voice and Sound Profiles
Flower Tone Profiles
Healing and Mineral Tone Profiles

Price: $11,200 Includes a weekend of training

+

Johnny Asia, Guitarist from the Future
http://www.angelfire.com/art2/painterny/wqe.html

"I say play your own way. Don't play what the public wants. You play what
you want and let the public pick up on what you're doing even if it does take
them fifteen, twenty years." - Thelonious Monk

Johnny Asia

You might try asking him what about XP Pro is causing the problem with his
software. If he/she isn't able to specify, means he has no claim/facts,
just FUD. >>

They guy told my friend it was a problem with "the drivers".

Furthermore, he said "Microsoft has known about the problem
with drivers for years".

+

Johnny Asia, Guitarist from the Future
http://www.angelfire.com/art2/painterny/wqe.html

"I say play your own way. Don't play what the public wants. You play what
you want and let the public pick up on what you're doing even if it does take
them fifteen, twenty years." - Thelonious Monk

Steven Burn

They guy told my friend it was a problem with "the drivers".

Furthermore, he said "Microsoft has known about the problem
with drivers for years".

I'm not usually one for profanity but, you can tell him he's talking
bo__ocks.

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

t.cruise

If he charged it with a credit card, have the credit card company handle it,
and get his money back. A friend bought an HP system that wasn't as
advertised (the BIOS didn't have an update written yet that would accept
anything other than the onboard graphics chip, and HP wouldn't, or couldn't
say when a BIOS update would be available). After a call to the credit card
company, HP was more than willing to refund for the system and the shipping.

Stephan

comment one: sounds like "mooooooooo mooo moooo <plop> <plop>"

comment two: a fool and his money is soon parted

comment three: for 11 grand, they should install it for you too.

comment four: if this person can afford to blow 11 grand on
bogus software, let 'em hire a pro to resolve the problems.

<pope_about_town at Xyahoo.com (Johnny Asia)> wrote in message

The guy said his software was designed for XP Home and won't run on XP Pro.

The L.I.F.E. System is an evoked potential biofeedback device. It
records subtle, "reactive" informational stress potentials provided by
the client during the assessment procedure. The computer evaluates the
feeding it back to the client. This process assists the body's own
natural defense mechanisms by encouraging energetic balance and
harmony.

Price: $11,200 Includes a weekend of training

ra

Since money seems to be no problem, have your friend buy a new PC with XP
home already on it and install the app. Bet it still won't work. Sounds like
the app is defective anyway, it doesn't read the bumps on your skull.

Johnny Asia

Since money seems to be no problem, have your friend buy a new PC with XP
home already on it and install the app. Bet it still won't work. Sounds like
the app is defective anyway, it doesn't read the bumps on your skull.

But they do offer customers an exciting and lucrative new career!

http://www.lifesystems.us

LIFE System CAREER

Energetic Medicine is an exciting new field of natural, non-invasive
therapies that are designed to decrease the stress we all encounter on
a day to day basis from the perverse energy of various electromagnetic
fields and pollution.

If you are looking for a new career in health, The L.I.F.E. System has
the ability to access stress reactivity to potential health risks and
balance the system. This is an excellent way to help others overcome
health and emotional imbalances.

+

Johnny Asia, Guitarist from the Future
http://www.angelfire.com/art2/painterny/wqe.html

"I say play your own way. Don't play what the public wants. You play what
you want and let the public pick up on what you're doing even if it does take
them fifteen, twenty years." - Thelonious Monk

Alex Nichol

pope_about_town at Xyahoo.com said:
A friend of mine has been trying to get biofeedback
software, "Life System", to work on his computer,
a Compaq laptop with XP Pro.
It locked up the computer every time he tried to use
it. He called the guy who wrote the software, the guy
said "Oh, no wonder! It's designed to work with XP Home"
So, my friend bought XP Home and I installed it for him.

The "Life System" still froze the computer. He called the guy again.
who blamed it on me, saying I must have left old files from XP
on the computer.

I know the guy is bullshiting, but my friend, who spent
lots of money on the "Life System", believes what
they tell him.

The guy who wrote the software said "Microsoft has
known about the problems with XP Pro for years but
have done nothing about it."

XP Home is the same as Pro with some facilities left out. Your friend
should call the guy's bluff by requiring him to specify - exactly -
*what* item it is in Pro that prevents his software from running. And
*if* he can do so, he should be able to avoid the problem if he is half
way competent

ra

All the money I wasted on college and university... I could have taken a
completely different path down the road of life for $11,200 and I would now
be stress free.

Johnny Asia

All the money I wasted on college and university... I could have taken a
completely different path down the road of life for $11,200 and I would now
be stress free.

Not to mention free of that pesky "perverse energy" .

+

Johnny Asia, Guitarist from the Future
http://www.angelfire.com/art2/painterny/wqe.html

"I say play your own way. Don't play what the public wants. You play what
you want and let the public pick up on what you're doing even if it does take
them fifteen, twenty years." - Thelonious Monk

ra

Hmmm... I had never considered "perverse energy" to be pesky but I do
believe it should be used wisely.

Johnny Asia

comment one: sounds like "mooooooooo mooo moooo <plop> <plop>"

comment two: a fool and his money is soon parted

It's worse than I thought. This version of
"The LIFE System" is an upgrade. My friend
had the older version, it kept locking up the
computer,so the LIFE "tech support" suggested
the " upgrade." My friend is the answer to their
prayers. All it will take is 50 suckers to pay $11,000
and they can take the money and run.

My friend just called Office Depot about a new laptop,
thinking the problem must be the Compaq he bought
last May, with Athlon 2200, 512MB RAM, 20 GB HD.
He suspects it must be the computer, because he has
a friend who owns a similar laptop, and his LIFE software
also locks up the computer. He called "tech support"
this morning, and they said the "optimum" CPU speed
is "about 2.1 GHz". Even though they told him 1.5 Ghz
when he bought the "software"

I have tried to reason with the guy, but he needs to
cling to his illusion for a while longer. Until he gets back
from Office Depot tonight with the new Compaq laptop,
P4 2.6 Ghz, and tries the LIFE software.

http://www.lifesystems.us/
(e-mail address removed)

(941) 925.7804

Please contact us to talk about how you would like to use The L.I.F.E.
System in your new or existing health practice. We look forward to
hearing from you! Fill out the form below to receive information or a
5-day trial L.I.F.E. System demo on CD-ROM format.

+

Johnny Asia, Guitarist from the Future
http://www.angelfire.com/art2/painterny/wqe.html

"I say play your own way. Don't play what the public wants. You play what
you want and let the public pick up on what you're doing even if it does take
them fifteen, twenty years." - Thelonious Monk

Steven Burn

<pope_about_town at Xyahoo.com (Johnny Asia)> wrote in message
He called "tech support"
this morning, and they said the "optimum" CPU speed
is "about 2.1 GHz". Even though they told him 1.5 Ghz
when he bought the "software"

No wonder the developer likes your friend so much, he seems to be able to
tell him whatever he likes, and your friend believes it......

Personally, and no offence to your friend but, I'd be taking charge of the
situation if it were me.

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

Johnny Asia

Personally, and no offence to your friend but, I'd be taking charge of the
situation if it were me.

I'm sure he'll be ready to listen tonight, after he tries the
"software" in the new computer. When I try to break it to him,
I see the fear in his eyes, almost a panic. He has so much invested,
not only money, but his reputation. He is a fine massage therapist,
he has a large clientele and good reputation.
He fell for the slick marketing scam. We live near Woodstock, NY,
I call it "The Hollywood of the New Age". Many of the artists I know
are telephone astrologers and/or psychics. No scam is too
preposterous here, the wilder the better.

My search for answer has turned up some interesting sites.
He bought the "QXCI" device, which led to this current,
and hopefully final "update"/

http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/comment/qxci.htm

"...but the QXCI machine is just another case of health fraud. Of
course, it is dressed up as some sort of science, but anyone who buys
one has wasted their money (and is expected to waste more for
training, support and software upgrades) ...."

There are two classes of victims of this fraud. The first is the group
of people who buy the machines. Some of these people will buy with the
clear intent of perpetuating a fraud, but the majority probably buy
with the expectation that they are getting something with therapeutic
value that they can use to help people. They may eventually have
doubts, but there is a thing called cognitive dissonance which causes
us all to rationalise bad actions and decisions and these people may
come to believe the myth because to do otherwise would be emotionally
painful.

+

Johnny Asia, Guitarist from the Future
http://www.angelfire.com/art2/painterny/wqe.html

"I say play your own way. Don't play what the public wants. You play what
you want and let the public pick up on what you're doing even if it does take
them fifteen, twenty years." - Thelonious Monk

Steve C. Ray

Tell your friend that I have some prime land here in Texas that I will sell
him at a bargain!