XP Ppro Instalation Setup Looping

I am attempting to upgrade XP Home to Pro. It gets to the point under "Prepairing Instalation" with aproximately 34 minutes left, then reboots, states that is restarting instalation, then goes back to "Prpairing Instalation" With aproximatelt 39 minutes left, gets down to 34 minutes, and reboots again. The same thing over and over. I gave up after a couple of hours of this. Now my laptop has been redered usless. HELP!!!

Carey Frisch [MVP]

This behavior can occur if any antivirus programs are installed on your computer.

Windows XP Setup Stops Responding (Hangs) During the "Preparing Installation" Phase
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315323&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP