XP network settings

D

Dave

Since setting up a wireless router I'm now presented with a network log on screen rather than a list of users however I no longer have the switch user facility & need to restore this. Could someone explain in laymen's terms how I configure windows to do this?. The remote PC's only need to have shared folders to enable file transfer & I'd forgo this if it means I could revert to previous set up.

Operating system is XP Pro.

Thanks for any advice.

Dave,

R

Roy Smith

Since setting up a wireless router I'm now presented with a network log on screen rather than a list of users however I no longer have the switch user facility & need to restore this. Could someone explain in laymen's terms how I configure windows to do this?. The remote PC's only need to have shared folders to enable file transfer & I'd forgo this if it means I could revert to previous set up.

All you need to do is click on Start - Control Panel then click on User Accounts. In the User Account window click on "Change the way users log on or off". On the next screen click beside the line that says 'Use the Welcome screen', and 'Use Fast user switching' and click on Apply Options.

D

Dave

I get a message saying "Client services for Netware has disabled fast user switching, to restore these features CSN must be removed. I've located 'Client Services for Netware' in Administrative tools/Services however I can find no option to delete it. I've tried disabling the service & rebooting but still get the same message.

Cheers, Dave.

All you need to do is click on Start - Control Panel then click on User Accounts. In the User Account window click on "Change the way users log on or off". On the next screen click beside the line that says 'Use the Welcome screen', and 'Use Fast user switching' and click on Apply Options.

Ask a Question