XP Home no longer saves .NET passport password

*ProteanThread*

every time I try and launch MSN Messenger it still asks for my password
(didn't used to tho); I double checked my User account settings and it is
saved in there. I went so far as to remove it from my account and re-add it
but no luck.

--
*** REPLY REQUESTED WHEN CONVENIENT ***

Woodzy
http://rtdos.com/forum

"UN-official" acf webring
http://q.webring.com/hub?ring=acfwebring

privileged, proprietary, confidential, or other wise private information.
immediately and delete the original. Any other use of this email by
you is prohibited.

Carrie Garth

| "*ProteanThread*" <moc dot sodtr at posys> wrote in message
| | every time I try and launch MSN Messenger it still asks for my
| password (didn't used to tho); I double checked my User account
| settings and it is saved in there. I went so far as to remove
| it from my account and re-add it but no luck.

Perhaps the experts in the following Microsoft Newsgroup could
answer your questions: microsoft.public.msn.messenger

If you read the newsgroups via Microsoft Communities Web Page:
http://communities2.microsoft.com/c...ult.aspx?query=microsoft.public.msn.messenger

If you read newsgroups using a NNTP newsreader, such as Outlook
Express, and use the msnews.microsoft.com news server:

And if you post to that newsgroup I suggest that you include
information such as:

- Client System: Operating System version and service pack level
- Whether or not your computer is a member of a domain
- The version of MSN Messenger
- Whether or not you are also running Microsoft Windows
Messenger, and if you are what is its version
- Whether or not your computer is configured to allow storage of
credentials or .NET Passports for network authentication

And before you post you may want to read through the following
Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles and Documentation:

Note: This first document has some information on the Security
Setting: "Do Not Allow Storage of Credentials or .NET Passports
for Network Authentication". Once the web page is loaded, and if
you are using Internet Explorer, you can find it quickly by using
CTRL+F to open the Find box, entering the following in the box
labeled Find what: Table 53, and clicking Find Next.

TechNet Home | Security | Security Guidance
Securing Windows XP
Security Settings for Windows XP Clients
TIP: CTRL+F, type Table 53, and click Find Next
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/guidance/secmod62.mspx#XSLTsection132121120120

KB309011 - HOW TO: Set Up a .NET Passport Account in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=winxp&scid=kb;en-us;309011

KB330114 - You Cannot Automatically Sign In to Windows Messenger
and MSN Messenger by Using Different .NET Passports
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=winxp&scid=kb;en-us;330114

KB823390 - How to get help with MSN
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=winxp&scid=kb;en-us;823390