XP home network paswords?

G

Hi - I have 3 PC's cabled(cat5) thru a DSL router/hub. The computers can see each other a belonging to the same workgroup (view workgroup computers) but when I try to double click on one of the other machines, I get a popup dialogue box "comp1\guest" as a user name and wants a password. All of the machines are set with original users (owner and guest (turned off)). Where is the request for a password coming from? These are pretty new installs and are pretty clean yet. Only installed software of any significance is NAV 2003 and home verson of zone alarm.
Any clue would be greatly appreciated - thanks

S

SteveC

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBSb290aGFt?= said:
Hi - I have 3 PC's cabled(cat5) thru a DSL router/hub. The computers can see each other a belonging to the same workgroup (view workgroup computers) but when I try to double click on one of the other machines, I get a popup dialogue box "comp1\guest" as a user name and wants a password. All of
the machines are set with original users (owner and guest (turned off)). Where is the request for a password coming from? These are pretty new installs and are pretty clean yet. Only installed software of any significance is NAV 2003 and home verson of zone alarm.
Any clue would be greatly appreciated - thanks
Hello,

the request is coming from the operating system of the remote
computer you're trying to access.

regards,

SteveC
======
If at first you don't succeed, forget skydiving

Ask a Question