XP Forum is broken

Robert wilkens

Try running outlook express and adding the news server news.microsoft.com,
then look for your forum of choice.

-Rob

Ramesh, MS-MVP

http://www.rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

Posting here because I can not in Xp forum/newsgroup;

Using I.E. 7, getting for all groups this site,
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/...er.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
! Error on Page messages: Line: 14 Char: 407 Error: Object expected
Previous: Line: 2 Char: 23924 Error: Object
expected
Prevents any access to add to or view thread contents though contibutor id.s
are visible.

Never used Outlook for forums, not here where forum is working nor in Xp.
Never will. I assume you are saying that it will no longer work unless
Outlook is
used. So much for support & customer satisfaction.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Will,

I was referring to Outlook Express.

No. Using a newsreader is easier IMO and offers many options, than using the
Web interface. It's your choice anyway.

Ramesh said:
http://www.rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

William

I did not think that you could configure Outlook to read Usenet
Newsgroup postings. I prefer Thunderbird over Outlook Express, but
Windows Mail is also very good.