XP BLOCKED AFTER VISTA INSTALLATION

D

Dreamer

Hello,

1 - After Installing Windows Vista RC1 in a different partition from Windows XP sp2, this completes partition (xp) has been blocked and I cannot visualize it or explore it from another installation of XP, but from the Vista….

From another OS XP it appears like “local disk” assigns letter to Him, but is inaccessible!

2 - the “CONSOLE OF RECOVERY” of XP does not detect this installation either…. like reinstalar and repairing….

I hope can help me.

Thanks!

Dreamermx. -

J

John Barnes

Someone else had the same problem and it turned out to be that the drive was hidden. Required a third party product to unhide it.
Hello,

1 - After Installing Windows Vista RC1 in a different partition from Windows XP sp2, this completes partition (xp) has been blocked and I cannot visualize it or explore it from another installation of XP, but from the Vista….

From another OS XP it appears like “local disk” assigns letter to Him, but is inaccessible!

2 - the “CONSOLE OF RECOVERY” of XP does not detect this installation either…. like reinstalar and repairing….

I hope can help me.

Thanks!

Dreamermx. -

S

Shirley Daugherty

I had a similar problem. I installed Vista RC1 on a separate hard drive and it went perfectly. But many of my applications would not install. After 4 days of trying, I removed Vista RC1 from the D: drive as per proper procedures. Vista left files on my C:\ (XP) drive that I could not delete. Also the C:\ drive could not be found from other computers on the network. I tried for several days to correct this problem but could not. I finally deleted the partition, created a new partition, reformatted, and reinstalled XP to correct all this corruption. Now everything works as it did. Only took me about a week of fooling with Vista and correcting Vista problems for me to be convinced that Vista is not for me.
Hello,

I hope can help me.

Thanks!

Dreamermx. -

T

Tom Lake

I had a similar problem. I installed Vista RC1 on a separate hard drive and
it went perfectly. But many of my applications would not install. After 4
days of trying, I removed Vista RC1 from the D: drive as per proper
procedures. Vista left files on my C:\ (XP) drive that I could not delete.
Also the C:\ drive could not be found from other computers on the network. I
tried for several days to correct this problem but could not. I finally
deleted the partition, created a new partition, reformatted, and reinstalled
XP to correct all this corruption. Now everything works as it did. Only took
me about a week of fooling with Vista and correcting Vista problems for me
to be convinced that Vista is not for me.

You could have avoided a reinstall by taking ownership of the undeleable
directories threby making them deleable.

Tom Lake

S

Shirley Daugherty

I tried to do that but I always got an "Access Denied" and the ownership
would not let me take owernership of these files. I read somewhere that this
is a known problem with Vista.

You could have avoided a reinstall by taking ownership of the undeleable
directories threby making them deleable.

Tom Lake

V

Vince Moser

Maybe this can help you.

Easy BCD http://neosmart.net/software.php

--
Vince
Ultimate 5600 RT1 x86
Longhorn RC1 x86
Hello,

I hope can help me.

Thanks!

Dreamermx. -

Ask a Question