XP 64 bit

Packrat®

Hello everyone,
I am thinking about downloading the 64 bit beta to my new computer.
It
has a 64 bit AMD processor in it. Can anyone tell me anything about it
or will you direct me to a news group at can. Thank you in advance.
Bob
The server is busy. Yes, we've seen before and it means what it says.
There are too many OPs out there trying to download at once. I had to
wait until the early morning to download as it was busy at midnight.

Here's some good If you have a Staples Store nearby, they are
giving away free SP2 CDs from M$. Just walked in today, went to customer
service and asked for one. Painless. Same large file which was on site.
:)

HTH

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Newsgroup Support for Windows for 64-Bit Extended Systems
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/64bit/extended/trial/support.mspx

Windows XP 64-Bit Edition for 64-Bit Extended Systems Customer Preview Program
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/evaluation/upgrade.mspx

List of Limitations in 64-Bit Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282423&Product=winxp

Cannot Install Some Programs on Windows XP for 64-bit Platforms
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298218&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

:

| Hello everyone,
| I am thinking about downloading the 64 bit beta to my new computer. It
| has a 64 bit AMD processor in it. Can anyone tell me anything about it or
| will you direct me to a news group at can. Thank you in advance.
| Bob

Rawhawk