Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah I'm almost set on that one tbh. The newer v2 that is more expensive doesn't seem worth it, its basically just a mop as well, and not a great one at that....

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I'm almost set on that one tbh. The newer v2 that is more expensive doesn't seem worth it, its basically just a mop as well, and not a great one at that....

It's not as "hands off" with a mop, as the mop would need to be washed after every use or it would start to go smelly. The firmware improvements to v1 bring most of the features that v2 has, with the exception of minimal additional suction power.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah indeed, I don't see the v2 being worth the extra £££.

The look on her face when I told her I want a robot vacuum... It was a combination of confusion and amusement. :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It's currently showing as £204 for me...
Ah the US price wasn't showing for me at work.. Odd.

Did yours come with a UK plug? If not can you just use a normal figure 8 lead?

Edit: "This warehouse can not ship to your location" :mad:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ah the US price wasn't showing for me at work.. Odd.

Did yours come with a UK plug? If not can you just use a normal figure 8 lead?

Edit: "This warehouse can not ship to your location" :mad:

Yep, just a standard figure 8 lead :). I got an adaptor, rather than a UK plug - but I just chopped off the 2 pin plug and added a new one.

The USA warehouse can't ship here, which isn't a bad thing as once you add import duty it would be pretty expensive. The offer pops up semi-regularly from the China and HK warehouses though (and unlikely to be import duty).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah right fair play. I shall keep an eye on it, and if you notice it on the cheap again give me a nudge. :)

Right now its cheaper to buy the v2!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Haha, pretty sure the other half would have something to say about that!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah don't think you'll see it much cheaper than that :). Think you'll go for it?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well I did order it but my order was showing as 'on back order'. Their FAQ's say that means it is out of stock and they are awaiting more. So I cancelled it, and its now showing as being back in stock now. :/

Not sure I'll order it again, maybe later when things are a little clearer....

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think mine took about 3 days to allocate stock, but got here pretty quick :).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Fair enough. I think I'll give it a second thought for now and maybe get one at a later date.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I get Mr Henry out, sit in my swivel chair, turn around a few time and I'm done. :)

I have a similar vacuuming policy. I also have a Mr Henry (they knock Dysons into a two cornered hat) and my abode is beige carpeted throughout apart from the karzi and the kitchen.

When I notice the carpeted rooms' perimeters turning from beige to grey that is my indication to make with the suction device.

Not that I mind using the vacuum cleaner much, as household chores go it's nowhere near up there with ironing and changing the duvet cover, they are both seriously bad things.

A robot vacuum cleaner sounds as if it would be right up my street. What does it do about corners?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
A robot vacuum cleaner sounds as if it would be right up my street. What does it do about corners?

It has a spinning brush that gets into all the corners - basically it flicks whatever is on the floor into the path of the vacuum. This video review is pretty good:

You can see it in action at around 6:45.

Neither of us is a fan of vacuuming, and our floors are so much cleaner nowadays!

Ask a Question