X-Box Vs PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Note: I split these posts from wizkid's original thread 'Anybody got Call Of Duty World At War?' as the following debate/argument/mudsling ;) was completely off topic. So if some remarks made here seem out of place, that's why - fbs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The good thing about the xbox is it doesn't take a minute to install it is install less lol

Flopps you should get a xbox

Reaction score
I'll get this at c*****mas along with a crap load of other imense games, for PC though.

Can't wait to start owning this, CoD4 owning is boring now, no one is on my level :(

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd99 said:

X_Box is weak.
Microsoft product, gold gaming zone whatever, blue ring of death, no blueray, ps3 graphics are better, mp3 better than wma, mp4 better than wma, ps3 runs linux, ps3 takes mouse and keyboard, ps3 can be networked etc etc.

I've done my research, long research, and despite my misgivings about Sony (ok, I've declared an amnesty, lol) it will be a PS3 for me when the time comes.

So sorry bout that :)

Reaction score
No way dude you can't mock the Xbox. The PS3 will never be close to it. It has under performed greatly, where do you think game developers test their games on? Not the PS3.

I've played a PS3 lots of times before I don't like it half as much as my 360 the controller feels so cheap.

I wouldn't buy a console because it's got blue ray or blue tooth. I'd want a console for gaming performance and free games if applicable. With a PS3 it is not.

The xbox 360 can be networked, can use a usb keyboard. The original xbox is the best for networking purposes in my opinion. You can add a hard drive into it and put on Linux. :_)

Then there is xbox live. I know it costs but it is so much more better than what PS3 has to offer.
That is something the PS3 will never be able to beat.

Have you ever played on a 360 before?

You got Windows made my Microsoft there's nowt stopping you in getting a 360 :_)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yes, I do have Windows, though not by choice but by monopoly.

I can mock the x-box and I will. One morning you'll wake up and not Halo 3, but Blue halo, lol.

So, forgive my ignorance, but can the X-Box take a mouse?

Best game control ever is mouse and keyboard, no contest.

And I'm paying nobody, repeat nobody, especially Bill Gates or whoever, to play online.

You are known within these circles to be somewhat frugal, want to buy a floppy drive with Bolivian postage stamps, I can't believe you'd pay Microsoft to game. Quite unbelievable.

Reaction score
Yes I like to save money who doesn't? Yes I like cheap deals/bargains, who doesn't?

Well surprise surprise I don't pay MS to game that is why I like it so much.

Well you seem to be stubborn and stuck on your ways. So I will leave you to your expensive copy of Windows. I'm sure they are utilising your money in countries like..... Bolivia for instance.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Gone some what off topic but.......

PS3 for me as well, i have owned a XBox 360 as well.

PS3 wins as it plays games as well as a 360 does.
It has Blu-Ray
I didn't have to buy an extra hard drive.
I don't have to pay to play online.
It looks better,
It didn't break and have to spend 3 weeks waiting for an idiot to put 2 fans in it that should have been there in the first place.
I can use it as a PROPER media centre as it has an optical output.
It didn't invest in HD-DVD and charge people £125 for a player, that is now obsolete.
It didn't try and get Blu-ray and get told to get lost by Sony and Philips.
It was HDMI to start with and didn't bring out a better version a year later that was.

I can buy ANY bigger Hard drive if i choose and install myself.

It didn't die, it didn't die, it didn't die, it didn't die, it didn't die, i think you get the point.

PS3 all the way, i will say it again, people only buy Xbox as they couldn't afford a PS3.

Oh and when IPTV is finally launched by Sony, XBox diesssssssssss, again.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd99 said:
Yes I like to save money who doesn't? Yes I like cheap deals/bargains, who doesn't?

Well, this may sem like an alien concept to you but I really don't mind paying for something if I believe it's worth the money. Such instances, though, are relatively rare. And remember, it's a short life, enjoy while you can.

psd99 said:
Well surprise surprise I don't pay MS to game that is why I like it so much.

No surprise I know you don't have to subscribe to their so called gold service but you're the one who thought it was a good thing.

Your quote:

psd99 said:
Then there is xbox live. I know it costs but it is so much more better than what PS3 has to offer.

And on:

psd99 said:
Well you seem to be stubborn and stuck on your ways.

I am far from that, I'm very open to ideas. As I said, I've been studying the pros and cons for many months now and to my mind, totally unbiased, the PS3 knocks spots off the X-Box.

And my question about the mouse? You side stepping that?

psd99 said:
So I will leave you to your expensive copy of Windows. I'm sure they are utilising your money in countries like..... Bolivia for instance.

What the hell are you on about? We're talking about consoles here, not Windows. All legal copies of Windows are expensive so be careful what you're saying here and know that I am not blind to what's going down out there in the real world.

In my view, for the most part, Microsoft suck. Which is a damn shame because by and large I do rather like Windows.

Reaction score
Well I am very happy with my Xbox 360 I would choose it over a PS3 any day of the week. Some people have bad experiences other have good ones. Some people have to pay £39.99 for a game others don't need to spend quite so much.

The choice is all individual Waynos out of all your points there most of them point towards one thing - EXPENSE.
That is a big reason why people go for the PS3 because they don't want to pay x amounts of money on something the PS3 can give for free. Such as hard drives or online gaming.

Here is a good read for you both:

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-348-1.htm

http://www.hardcoreware.net/playstation-3-vs-xbox-360-one-year-later/

Notice the bit where it says "one year later" on the 2nd link.

** plays Quantum of solace on his 360 and gets shot by someone on a chopper.

Reaction score
The mouse? lol

Going to attach one of them things to your proposed PS3?

I'll attach my mouse and keyboard on my 360 and will let you know if they work. I know the keyboard will.

I am interested in your research you seem like you are using your hatred towards Microsoft to doubt the 360's true potential! Apart from what you mentioned so far what else have you found out to sway you down the PS3 route?

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
That review is 12 months old.

I only read the 1 year later as the other link wouldn't load.

No mention of the additional pricing for an Xbox either?????

So at launch in the UK i bought an Xbox 360.

It cost £300, i got 1 game and another pad for £60.
Xbox live was £35.
I then bought the HD-DVD player for £125.
Games available nothing good.

In 13 months time it broke, i had to wait 3 weeks to get it back.

Total cost £520. Heartbreak 10/10

1 year after it launches they make a black Xbox that has HDMI and charge you extra as it has a larger Hard Drive.

Buy my playstation 3 it cost me £400 with 2 games, 1 Blu-ray and 2 x control pads.

It already had HDMI, the Hard Drive was 3 times the size.

It has not broken,
Games at launch not very good either.

The PS3 interms of games development is still 12 months behind the Xbox, why because the Xbox arrived 1 year before it.

Microsoft built a piece of crap that broke and you had to pay for everything else you wanted, Sony didn't.

I have owned both, PS3 is much much better in my opinion.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd99 said:
The mouse? lol

I've already used one at my friend's place on his PS3.

psd99 said:
I am interested in your research you seem like you are using your hatred towards Microsoft to doubt the 360's true potential! Apart from what you mentioned so far what else have you found out to sway you down the PS3 route?

I don't have so much as a hatred towards MS, more like a deep mistrust and a mild dislike.

They are a bunch of conniving, conning rip-off merchants with an expensive flawed OS that they hold up as being the best thing since sliced bread. Open source it is not.

So don't make unfounded allegations to me, I said they suck, I didn't say I hated them. They are kind of an (almost) neccessary evil.

You say you will leave me to my expensive copy of Windows, what are you using then? (Careful how you answer that).

And apart from what myself and WF have covered, nothing, offhand, I can think of for the PS3 or against the X-Box.

As it happens, I'm not totally sure I'll buy a console, it's only this crap going down with computer games, activation and the like - mostly engineered by EA - that's putting me off PC Games.

To ditch Windows, use Linux and use a PS3 for games is, however, seeming more attractive day by day.

I'm going to wait until January before buying a TV. It will be either Sony or Samsung, between 37" & 42" and 1080 res.

I will hook it up to my media PC and see how computer games look on it. I only have a 7600GT 256Mb card in the media PC but a new video card is cheaper than a PS3.

I'm undecided but I can envisage, come April 2009, main machine on Linux, secondary and media machines using XP, one for PC Games that don't need Vista or DX10 (for however long that lasts) and the other soley for movies, TV and Music.

And of course a PS3 in the other hdmi port.

That's the plan, but my thoughts change day by day.

I will never buy an X-Box.

The Wii is quite good fun but not, to my mind, a machine for serious gamers.

And back to original topic, I'm reading some quite negative reports about CoD5 single player, too short, bad AI, repetitive, team players blocking you, that kind of thing but if I buy it it will mostly be for multiplayer anyway.

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
PS3 all the way, i will say it again, people only buy Xbox as they couldn't afford a PS3.

That is such a stupid thing to say, very.

I can easily afford both, but i chose the Xbox for many reasons, better games on Xbox, there is a reason you pay a little fee for XBOX live, as it completely annihilates pathetic PS3 online, who cares about Blue-ray, pay the stupidly overpriced for blue ray discs, im fine with HD DVD at 1/4 of the price. You're basically paying for blue ray, oh and also, the graphics are similiar, and the xbox beats it in some games, you can't compare the graphics, i've played both alot, and they are on par, xbox better in some situations. I also don't care about how it looks, i play it for games, not to sit and stare at.

Reaction score
psd99 said:
The mouse? lol

I'll attach my mouse and keyboard on my 360 and will let you know if they work. I know the keyboard will.

Well then why not just buy a fricking PC....To me the whole idea of a games console is to sit there with a little joypad in my hand and frantically hit the buttons while going nowhere quickly...If I want to use the keyboard and mouse I use my computer....And as for me I prefer PS3...And I have both..

Reaction score
Bit of a heated topic here.
I have no particular brand preference, I buy a console for the games available/coming for it.
Being a vivid MGS and FF fan I had a PS3, note I said had.
Now that Sony has preaty much lost their exclusive games there's no reason to own 1.
Preordered the new MGS for 360 (mine does have optical out btw). As for the RED ring of death, never had it, and oh, it was rectified ages ago in the build revision.
I don't mind banter etc but please use correct info to back it up. Don't judge something by it's past, if we did everyone would hate almost everyone.

Reaction score
JaLing said:
I don't mind banter etc but please use correct info to back it up. Don't judge something by it's past, if we did everyone would hate almost everyone.

Well said...And at the end of the day..Each to there own...:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
This is what started this debate:

psd99 said:

Definitely hitting a few nerves here aren't we? ;)

Madxgraphics said:
Well then why not just buy a fricking PC....To me the whole idea of a games console is to sit there with a little joypad in my hand and frantically hit the buttons while going nowhere quickly...If I want to use the keyboard and mouse I use my computer....And as for me I prefer PS3...And I have both..

My whole point in considering buying a gaming console was that the conditions that go with PC Games are becoming too dictatorial and restrictive, what with online activation and install limits. The mouse and keyboard is a superior form of control so if the PS3 can use these, then why the hell not use them?

The whole issue, to my mind, is not about gamepads being exclusive to consoles, in my opinion that's a rather silly point of view. A good wireless keyboard/mouse combo with a PS3 seems like a good idea to me.

JaLing said:
I have no particular brand preference, I buy a console for the games available/coming for it.

It would be good if choice of games were the only factor but there's more to it than that.

JaLing said:
As for the RED ring of death, never had it, and oh, it was rectified ages ago in the build revision.

Blue or red, let's not be pedantic here, let's just note that earlier X-Boxes were prone to failure, ok?

I will also disagree and say it's very valid to judge a product by it's past. The history of the X-Box shows it to be a shoddy product manufactured by a company that really doesn't seem to have it's finger on the pulse at all.

I also don't think that by forming an opinion for or against a product by it's past performance, you can switch this analogy to human beings. Perhaps with indivuals but certainly not in a Nationalistic sense. And anyway, lots of people do seem to hate everybody else, the saddos.

Think of a few makes of car. Washing machine manufacturers. Online suppliers.

Each of those, with most people, will conjure up a preformed opinion arrived at by criteria gained by past performance. So it is with the X-Box.

I don't like buying Microsoft products because of their business practices.

Oddly enough, I thought the same thing about Sony because of some of the things they got up to in the past, notably putting malware on some of their audio CD's to attempt to prevent piracy. However, their misdemeanours, in my opinion, pale to insignificance when compared to some of the underhand practices Microsoft have undertaken.

So after three or four years I've decided to drop my boycott of Sony products.

Anyways, I've made it clear of my preference for which console I prefer. To those of you with an X-Box - enjoy. But they're not for me.

I didn't think psd99's frivolous comment to me would spark such a passionate debate, but there you go, it surprised me. Seems there's as much loyalty and rivalry here as there is, say, between Spurs & Arsenal fans.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Well Well Well ..what a debate...Have a PSP , DS lite, PS 1 and 2 ..a Wii ...had a xbox (loved it) and from peeps i know the PS3 is the serious gamers machine ... but i will say this ..i love games on my PC and guess what they are cheaper than both :wave:

Reaction score
You are right Flopps there is a huge rivalry. Just like the Yids and the Gooners. I'm very happy with my 360 and I wouldn't change it.

BTW earlier in one part of this thread I was referring to a corporate edition of Windows nowt more.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Lousy fan boys an their trolling of the forums. :D :D

Personally i like the 360 slightly better than the PS3 - . Of course there are exclusive games to each system - if there are alot of games that you want to play that are absolutly tied to that system, then by all means get it. At the same time games from 3rd party developers will release most games on both systems anyway. So its up to you (and you pocket book) and your interest of system specific games that tickle your fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question