PS3 Nerfing vs Sale of Goods Act

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I didn't want to hijack TXD's thread (HERE) but Flopps happened to comment:
Floppybootstomp said:
As I've mentioned elsewhere, it's mostly cos of some of the games, notably Gears Of War 1 & 2, but I don't rule out getting a PS3 in the future, probably a used one as Sony won't allow an independent OS to be installed anymore.
and this morning I spotted a news item regarding the point he raises, which might interest some of you.

The furore over Sony's decision to remove the option to install other operating systems on the PlayStation has not only sparked a war of words, but now could have a commercial impact.

According to PlayStation University one owner has been granted a partial refund, without having to return the console, after citing Directive 1999/44/EC which deals with products being fit for the 'purpose which the consumer requires them and which was made known to the seller at the time of purchase'.
By Patrick Goss, Techradar

Reaction score
I hope this steam rolls right over sony and their forced to back track on this decision.And if they don't i hope they lose huge financially

Ask a Question