WOW ... mt first deleted post on WCG

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
flops said:
Aye.

I haven't even bothered looking over there.

I have a bit, the guys a di*k and he's done a very good job of making sure everyone knows it.

The only reason the WCG admins haven't banned him is because they dont want him just joining up as a new user. Its a bit of a difficult situation i guess, do you ban him or just keep deleting his posts?

Mucks, DA seems to be on the good guys side, He's been trying to keep things sweet over the weekend when there's no mods around to 'mop up' after Dagorath. (Dagorath use to be heavily involved in the www.wcgwiki.org project with DA until DA kicked him out.)

If you google Dagorath you will find he's been upsetting more than the WCG forums.... :rolleyes:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Rush said:
PM your address and i will post the DVD m8
Very kind of you, but I think my brother will have it, I'll borrow it off him. :thumb:

user.gif

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Update

I have just received this email reply from WCG/IBM:

We are working on something right now and will have it implemented before the end of today.

What we are implementing should take care of Dagorath and future Dagorath's.

Thank you for participating.
---------------------------------------------------------
World Community Grid BB

I wonder what it is and if it works?

muckshifter

Reaction score
Adywebb said:

We are working on something right now and will have it implemented before the end of today.

World Community Grid BB

Well, we just use the ban button ... then go down the line and start looking at IP addresses ... if that fails, we promote them to Mods. ;)

:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Adywebb said:

World Community Grid BB

If he has a static IP they probably banned that - but if it's dynamic it's much more complicated to make sure he doesn't come back (unless he isn't too bright).

Reaction score
As i posted on WCG, he either misses his prozac, or has inbibed to much Moosehead or has been sniffing glue.

All that being said, I was just watching the edmonton news and it hit me......
he is the new Chinook now that Premier err King Ralph is gone. ( A Chinook is a phenomenon found in Alberta mainly... which consists of warm or hot air sweeping down from the mountains melting the snow and causing spring like temperatures in the winter)

Reaction score
V_R said:
Mucks, DA seems to be on the good guys side, He's been trying to keep things sweet over the weekend when there's no mods around to 'mop up' after Dagorath. (Dagorath use to be heavily involved in the www.wcgwiki.org project with DA until DA kicked him out.)

:rolleyes:

DA is another lame Ass*****.

" Hi it's Dave

Unfortunately I'm just a cruncher like you and although it says Community Advisor alongside this post my "powers" are limited to being able to post in a forum which IBM should be reading. A kind of Hot Line to IBM which at best should be described as a luke warm line to IBM.

As CA's we fought hard to be able to moderate posts but we were granted only locking priviledges, however, on account of one occasion when a thread was locked which caused further of these pathetic "outrages" which break out on this forum every now and again even this awesome forum power you speak of was withdrawn. This leaves us all exposed to individuals who like to kick off just like a school playground and others that like to join in and shout "fight, fight, fight" who just hang around this forum waiting for any such opportunity."

I happened to know that way back when MOT was the #1 team, and Tribal War was on their ass, DA and Graham were busy in other teams forums pleading for help ti keep Tribal down. Talk of two faced morons.

As for losing the power to close threads, ask Rudi and a few others what really happened. The CA's would wander into other teams forums in their alter egos and stir the pot. It was about time that DA and company lost their powers to muck with threads. I for one am happy to let NelsonC deal with it.

Ever notice that prior to the shift of power all the CA's were members of 1 team, with 1 exception.

I know Rudi packed it in after the Ca's mucked around with the Coconauts. There are probably more folks who have left. What I notice is the absence of the Originals who started in the first few weeks of the WCG.

For the moment I will continue on WCG as the AIDS and Cancer is of Major Importance, but I sure as hell will not be putting more computers on line, as the cost comes out of my pocket.

I am lucky that 99.9% of my Hydro is a right off at present, but next year that will change.

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I stand corrected. :(

So much for giving him the benifit of the doubt....... :rolleyes:

muckshifter

Reaction score
V_R said:
I stand corrected. :(

So much for giving him the benefit of the doubt....... :rolleyes:
Don't fret V_R, there seems to be a bit of a "power struggle" of some sort going on over there.

nod.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I understand why i am the only one posting over there from our team now....

I feel duped!
happy029.gif

muckshifter

Reaction score
V_R said:
I understand why i am the only one posting over there from our team now....

I feel duped!
happy029.gif
Don't be, I jumped at the chance and I allocated the 'job' to you ... hmmm, I suppose I did dupe you into it ... sorry, but as I do not post that often over there and you are doing such a grand job of keeping up appearances for the team I thought you wouldn't mind. :blush:

Please, don't feel you have been forced to do something you'd rather not do ... the real 'community' is right here on PCReview. :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hey no worries Mucks. :thumb:

I dont mind one bit, I just try to keep the thread alive. We get plenty of visitors like Rancho and JC to keep me company!
happy021.gif

Mucks said:
Please, don't feel you have been forced to do something you'd rather not do ... the real 'community' is right here on PCReview.
It is indeed, Its cool i'll still pop in and out of the WCG to bump the team thread, but wont pay much attention to much else that goes on there. :)

phicksus

Sweet and Innocent
Reaction score
CaptHook I believe I was there when the stuff with the Coconuts happened. Almost left then as well. Seems things had changed for the better after the changes. Maybe they really didn't and I just didn't notice. :blush:

Reaction score
V_R said:
Hey no worries Mucks. :thumb:

I dont mind one bit, I just try to keep the thread alive. We get plenty of visitors like Rancho and JC to keep me company!
happy021.gif

It is indeed, Its cool i'll still pop in and out of the WCG to bump the team thread, but wont pay much attention to much else that goes on there. :)

Feel like stirring the pot? I might join you over there. Life is to boring and my BP is almost back to normal. Time for another pip fck.

Reaction score
phicksus said:
CaptHook I believe I was there when the stuff with the Coconuts happened. Almost left then as well. Seems things had changed for the better after the changes. Maybe they really didn't and I just didn't notice. :blush:

I wasnt paying much attention except that Rudi was bending my ear. I know he dumped all over IBM Canada and IBM Quebec. He hasnt forgiven IBM as I found out. I had to deal with Dell crap on the project.

Harvey
aka Capt Hook
The Last of the One Arm Bandits

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
CaptHook said:
Feel like stirring the pot? I might join you over there. Life is to boring and my BP is almost back to normal. Time for another pip fck.
Feel free mate, the more the merrier! :thumb:

I do try and get the rest of the team to pop in from time to time, not always successful though!
happy029.gif

Ask a Question