Mint used by terrorist in cufflink !!!!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I always knew there was a reason for not using Mint. A sort of nagging in the dark recesses of the mind that it would end in tears. Seems I was right. :lol:

Linux Mint-using terror nerd awaits sentence for training Islamic State

A paranoid Welsh Muslim who wore gloves while typing on his laptop, admitted being part of Islamic State, and, gasp, harbored a copy of Linux Mint, has been described as a “new and dangerous breed of terrorist.”

Inside the Site Teaching Islamic State Supporters How to Use Encryption

At one point in the detailed 30 minute plus tutorial video, which explains how to use the anonymizing operating system Tails, the speaker's heavy woolen gloves, perhaps to protect his identity, move in front of the camera. The person's foggy reflection sometimes shows itself in a second computer screen.

Welsh Linux Mint terror nerd jailed for 8 years

Excitable folk on the internet started asking whether the UK was trying to outlaw basic HTTPS security when Ullah was first arrested last year, thanks to one of the original charges against him being that he was running an encrypted version of his blog.

It turned out that his blog was partly hosted on ZeroNet, a peer-to-peer service that keeps websites online without a central server.

Personally I am all for hanging terrorists. This guy seems to be a very sad sort and not very clued up so perhaps he deserves some leniency. However if someone made use of his information and killed folk...............

:cool: