World's Easiest Quiz!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Here are ten very simple questions. See how many you get right.

There is no competition and no winners would be announced. This is just for fun.

Here are the questions, answer them and find out how you did, the correct answers are right at the bottom.

1) How long did the Hundred Years' War last?
2) Which country makes Panama hats?
3) From which animal do we get cat gut?
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?
6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?
7) What was King George VI's first name?
8) What color is a purple finch?
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?

Scroll down for answers..........................................

ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ

1) How long did the Hundred Years War last?

116 years

2) Which country makes Panama hats?

Ecuador

3) From which animal do we get cat gut?

Sheep and Horses

4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?

November

5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?

Squirrel fur

6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?

Dogs

7) What was King George VI's first name?

Albert

8) What color is a purple finch?

Crimson

9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?

New Zealand

10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?

Orange

Easy wasn't it? Let us know how many you were able to answer correctly! :)

Reaction score
D'oh and i thought you said this was easy, i got 5 out of 10, and it was by skill & judgement.:rolleyes: Well ok i admit it was pure luck:eek: :nod:

Reaction score
Don't you just love it when someone says they have something easy to do, well i got 4 out of 10, could have been more but my luck ran out:blush: :lol:
Cheers for posting it Quad, by the way how many did you get right??

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I was afraid someone would ask this question and I would have to respond.

I actually received it in an email and when I read the title "Easiest Quiz in the World" I thought the answers were embeded in the questions, that is what the impression I got from the sender (loves to send teasers to me). Later when I had finished the quiz and thought that was easy (without even thinking on what the questions really were) my result to my horrer was 0/10. Obviouly the approach was totally wrong on my part. That is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Later I decided to give it a serious go and attempted the entire quiz. From the posts above I can see that folks got decent scores and it would be unfair to post my result, because the last thing I want to do is to embarass anyone. :)

Reaction score
Later I decided to give it a serious go and attempted the entire quiz. From the posts above I can see that folks got decent scores and it would be unfair to post my result, because the last thing I want to do is to embarass anyone. :)
Naught!... at all Quad:lol:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Rush said:
0/10 does this make me thick ??

Well anyone getting that score is fully eligible to apply for a job at Microsoft, since their next operating system would be made by nuts for nuts
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Since I had the same score, I was thinking we could apply together. We should get together and do a co-ordinated effort.:D

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Well anyone getting that score is fully eligible to apply for a job at Microsoft, since their next operating system would be made by nuts for nuts

I do :D

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Quad can i have 1 point please !!!

are not the Canary islands in the Atlantic Ocean ??

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Rush said:
Quad can i have 1 point please !!!

are not the Canary islands in the Atlantic Ocean ??

Well I have no intention of going to Microsoft alone if that is what you are thinking :D

No, you cannot have one point as the question was not about where it is located but how the name of the island coined.:p

The Canary Islands /kʰəˈnæɹɪ ˈʔaɪ̯ləndz/ (Spanish Islas Canarias /ˈiz.lɑs.kɑˈnɑrĭɑs/) (28° 06'N, 15° 24'W) are an archipelago of the Kingdom of Spain consisting of seven islands of volcanic origin in the Atlantic Ocean. They are located off the northwestern coast of Africa (Morocco and the Western Sahara). They form an autonomous community of Spain. The name derives probably from a north African tribe (the Canarii) or possibly the Latin term Insularia Canaria meaning Island of the Dogs, a name applied originally only to the island of Gran Canaria. It is thought that the dense population of an endemic breed of large and fierce dogs was the characteristic that most struck the few ancient Romans who established contact with the islands by the sea.

Source Wikipedia

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
the only one i knew the answer to was the last one, all the others i knew wouldn't be that obvious but i had no idea about the real answer

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By Quad

No, you cannot have one point as the question was not about where it is located but how the name of the island coined.:p

Worth a try though ;)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
:blush: only 3. I almost knew several others... knew the hundred years war was more than a hundred years for eg... just couldn't remember how much more:rolleyes: so I bummed out completely I'm afraid.

One little bit of trivia... over here we call 'chinese gooseberries' "Kiwi fruit" although in the US I believe they call them 'Kiwi's, which must be very confusing since a Kiwi is actually a flightless bird (A NZ symbol) or a slang term for a New Zealander.

ALSO... that answer is only true if you are talking about current 'kiwi fruit' In actuality we bred them up a bit, renamed them & usurped the market back in the 80's. I'm afraid I really couldn't tell you where they came from originally at all. It might even actually be NZ, but I don't think so:rolleyes:

Ask a Question