World Community Grid

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Just installed BOINC today on two computers.
Just had a look at sys tray and seen 4 instances of BOINC running, yet it's 4 instances of the same thing and i'm a bit confused. Please help.

n48k74.png

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
A quad core? Normal, in that case... one process per core.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
When I first set up BOINC on my new Win 7 rig (a few months back,) exactly the same thing happened to me. At the time, I just assumed that the icons had appeared (then just got left behind,) marking the times I'd opened the new installation to see that it was functioning correctly....)

Anyway, I manually closed the extra icons, leaving just one of them behind. It happened a couple of times more, but I repeated my closure of the "extras" and it just seemed to settle down after that. (I know this is not in any way a "technical" reply, but hey, it worked for me, lol.) :D

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
My daughter does a bit of crunching with a single core processor and ALWAYS has two icons in the systray. No matter how many times we remove one of them it always returns. Can't work it out.

Given up removing it now. :D

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I shall just ignore the icons then. They don't seem to be doing harm. And both laptop and desktop seem to be knocking the jobs out quite quick :D

Ask a Question