Workgroup can not be accessed

I have 3 computers (2 XP's and 1 W2kPro) all connected to the Internet via a
Linksys 5-port workgroup hub, connected to my DSL modem. The 2 XP machines
see each other and both can share resources with each other, and both can
access the Win2kPro machine; however, my XPPro machine can only access the
Win2kPro machine using the run command and typing in the IP address
(192.168.1.32) and the other XPHome (laptop) sees the Win2kpro in workgroup
and has no problem accessing it. However, I can not get the Win2kPro
computer to even access the Workgroup. I get the message "Workgroup is not
accessible. The account is not authorized to log in from this station".
Please explain why I am not authorised to access the workgroup on my Win2kPro
machine.

Sandeep KT [MSFT]

Please have a look at the following article and see if this helps, let me
know if it helps
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308007#6

--------------------
| From: "=?Utf-8?B?amVmZmdhdmF6emE=?="
<[email protected]>
| Subject: Workgroup can not be accessed
| Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:31:07 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking
|
| I have 3 computers (2 XP's and 1 W2kPro) all connected to the Internet
via a
| Linksys 5-port workgroup hub, connected to my DSL modem. The 2 XP
machines
| see each other and both can share resources with each other, and both can
| access the Win2kPro machine; however, my XPPro machine can only access
the
| Win2kPro machine using the run command and typing in the IP address
| (192.168.1.32) and the other XPHome (laptop) sees the Win2kpro in
workgroup
| and has no problem accessing it. However, I can not get the Win2kPro
| computer to even access the Workgroup. I get the message "Workgroup is
not
| accessible. The account is not authorized to log in from this station".
| Please explain why I am not authorised to access the workgroup on my
Win2kPro
| machine.

===

Sandeep KT

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

===

I was not able to resolve the issue of my main concern. That is, the error
message I keep getting "Workgroup is not accessible. You are not authorized
to log in from this station"

I need to know how to restore my default security settings and local
policies and start all over again setting up my network. I want my Win2kPro
machine to be my main host , with printer setup as a print server for all 3
of my computers. How do I do that?

Sandeep KT [MSFT]

Are you getting any sought of error i have mentioned below

system error 1240

===