Word XP recognition of scanned OCR documents

G

I have XP and Office XP. Problem is when I scan a document to OCR format for Word, word trys to recognize and convert it but it doesn't do a good job. Special characters like check boxs are not recognized, alignment is not correct and document doesn't appear as the original. The problem isn't in my scanner as I am able to scan successfully to a PDF format and it comes out great, also I have scanned a document to OCR for the WORD format, and have viewed it in my FAX software and it appears to be perfect, however when trying to read it in WORD, it will not recognize it like it should.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks very much.

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Please visit the Microsoft Word experts in the Word newsgroup:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.word.application.errors

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|I have XP and Office XP. Problem is when I scan a document to OCR format for Word, word trys to recognize
and convert it but it doesn't do a good job. Special characters like check boxs are not recognized, alignment
is not correct and document doesn't appear as the original. The problem isn't in my scanner as I am able to
scan successfully to a PDF format and it comes out great, also I have scanned a document to OCR for the WORD
format, and have viewed it in my FAX software and it appears to be perfect, however when trying to read it in
WORD, it will not recognize it like it should.
|
| Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks very much.

Ask a Question