can I scan a image into a word 2010 document?

J

john

Doug Robbins - Word MVP said:
The information in the following article on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website applies equally to 2010

http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.htm

Office 2010 does have OCR Built In, but may not be activated by default.
The steps for activating it are the same as for 2007 and are as detailed on
the following website

http://www.geckoandfly.com/2008/07/17/where-is-the-ocr-in-microsoft-office-2007/

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

J

john

I just installed Office 2010 Beta, but could not find the OCR feature (MODI)
as described in the referred Office 2007 article.

T

TriBuck

The current Office 2010 beta does not have a change option. Just an
uninstall. I am still searching for our answer as well...

D

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The RTM does have a Change Option.

I do not know if you will be able to to a Custom Install (or any Install for
that matter) of the Beta after you Uninstall it.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

Reaction score
Hi,

Microsoft OneNote is an application that provides OCR functionality and it is included in Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 versions. You can simply drop scanned images into a Microsoft OneNote notebook and select the ‘Make Text in Image Searchable’ option from the context menu. Then selecting the language with which the document was encoded in. You can then copy the text into a word processing application like Microsoft Word to continue with the editing and formatting of the extracted information. get more information about Microsoft Office 2010 Ocr Hope this helps you.

Reaction score
This did the trick... thank you Kristain! :bow:

Hi,

Microsoft OneNote is an application that provides OCR functionality and it is included in Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 versions. You can simply drop scanned images into a Microsoft OneNote notebook and select the ‘Make Text in Image Searchable’ option from the context menu. Then selecting the language with which the document was encoded in. You can then 'Copy Text from Picture' and 'Paste' it into a word processing application like Microsoft Word to continue with the editing and formatting of the extracted information. get more information about Microsoft Office 2010 Ocr Hope this helps you.

Reaction score
I tried the suggestions described below, but was unsuccessful, not sure if having Office 2010 Professional version is the problem. I did find this link to a video describing how to use the InsertScannerImage using shortcut keys. Best of luck.

Ask a Question