word pad

I have been trying to change the left margin in word pad to .25 but it keeps
resetting itself to .50 Does anyone know how to change it??

Jim Macklin

Your printer probably is limited to .5 margins, try using a
different printer setup, perhaps a default printer.

some support

"TSteinhilber" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
|I have been trying to change the left margin in word pad to
..25 but it keeps
| resetting itself to .50 Does anyone know how to change
it??

Alan Smith

TSteinhilber said:
I have been trying to change the left margin in word pad to .25 but it
keeps
resetting itself to .50 Does anyone know how to change it??

Have a look at your printer specifications, it sounds like it can only print
to .50 margins. The driver will have that coded into itself so you can't
print in unprintable areas

I cannot get my word pad to unlock. I used the help section and followed the
directions and still nothing. The "key" won't highlight so I can unlock word
pad. How do I do this?

D.Currie

can't unlock wordpad said:
I cannot get my word pad to unlock. I used the help section and followed
the
directions and still nothing. The "key" won't highlight so I can unlock
word
pad. How do I do this?

:

Are you sure you're talking about WordPad? I don't see anything about
locking it or unlocking it, or anything referring to a key of any sort.

Maybe if you describe what you're trying to do, or what this unlocking thing
is supposed to accomplish, someone can help you.

I wrote a document in word pad and saved it to my documents. The next day I
wanted to modify it. When I made an attempt to add something to it, the
blinking vertical line would not move and I could not typye anything. I went
to the help section and typed in "locked document". The advice came back
telling me to go to view, options, and then click on unlock documents. At
that point an icon on the tool bar looking like a padlock is, I presume, to
highlight, where I click on that and is supposed to unlock the document so
that I can continue with what I was doing. Now the problem is that I can't
even open word pad at all. Now I get a message that says
Worp Pad MFC application cannot respond, without explanation. Since I do not
have Microsoft Word I use word pad and now I can't even use this. Please help.
Thanks.

Tim Slattery

I wrote a document in word pad and saved it to my documents. The next day I
wanted to modify it. When I made an attempt to add something to it, the
blinking vertical line would not move and I could not typye anything. I went
to the help section and typed in "locked document". The advice came back
telling me to go to view, options, and then click on unlock documents.

When I type that phrase into either the "Index" or "Search" tabs of
WordPad's help system I get absolutely nothing. Nor do I see anything
resembling "Unlock Documents" under View|Options. Are you sure you're
using Word Pad?

If it is WordPad, you may be able to restore its mind by inserting
your WinXP CD and doing a repair install. You might also consider
downloading Open Office (www.openoffice.org), a free office suite that
includes a word processor that handles Word format documents (*.doc)
just fine.