Word Word Margin Help

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking for some help with Microsoft word, the latest version.

I am attempting to design a brochure with 3 pages on each side, i have done this by using margins. However, I an image to ignore the margin and print right to the edge of the page, but this does not seem possible!

I know it has to be possible somehow, I have seen lots of brochures with images right up to the edge but still wiith good margins.

Can anyone advise on this please?

Thank you kindly

Reaction score
Does anyone know a lot about word that can help me with this problem, I can't for the life of me figure out how to so this and I have little time to complete it :(

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The brochures you have seen may very well have been created in Microsoft Publisher, a program designed, amongst other things, to make brochures.

I've always had problems trying to size and position pictures in Word. There is possibly a solution but it's unknown to me. Sorry I can't be of help.

There is a also an open source (free) program very similar to Publisher but it's name escapes me for the moment. I have it installed in Linux Mint but I'm sure it works in Windows as well. The next time I fire up my Linux install I'll check it out for you or perhaps somebody else here knows what I'm talking about.

Reaction score
Thank you for the response floppy. I will look into publisher. Shame there isn't a word expert about, I'm sure i'll find a way.

Thanks

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
You can get the picture to the edge of the page by using the top indent marker on the ruler above your document.

Type in whatever text you want using the usual margins and then drop the cursor down to where you want the picture to go. Before you insert the picture move the top indent marker as far to the left as you can and leave it there. Then, when you insert the picture it will go right up to the left hand edge of the page.

Before typing again, move the top indent marker back to its original position and the rest of your text should have the margin present again.

Last edited:

Ask a Question