word files won't open - emergency!!

G

I have a Word document saved on a flash drive, all the other files on that opens without a problem, but Word doesn't want to open that one, says it might be corrupted or path invalid. Wordpad does open it but in different format. Have tried recovery through Open and Repair + downloading aonther viewer, but having XP + newest Word it obviously didn't help. Any further suggestions !!!

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Please visit the appropriate Word newsgroup:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.word.application.errors

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|I have a Word document saved on a flash drive, all the other files on that opens without a problem, but Word
doesn't want to open that one, says it might be corrupted or path invalid. Wordpad does open it but in
different format. Have tried recovery through Open and Repair + downloading aonther viewer, but having XP +
newest Word it obviously didn't help. Any further suggestions !!!

R

roger

Hi Dawid,

I have a Word document saved on a flash drive, all the other files on that opens without a problem, but Word doesn't want to open that one, says it might be corrupted or path invalid. Wordpad does open it but in different format. Have tried recovery through Open and Repair + downloading aonther viewer, but having XP + newest Word it obviously didn't help. Any further suggestions !!!

Try going to Start > run and typing
winword.exe /a
and see if this can open the file.

Good luck

W

wayne

have you copied the file to your C drive? then start word and open the
document!

Wayne

Dawid said:
I have a Word document saved on a flash drive, all the other files on that
opens without a problem, but Word doesn't want to open that one, says it